AnsweredAssumed Answered

How can I change drawing number to reflect the configuration number

Question asked by Eric Frissell on Apr 28, 2017
Latest reply on May 8, 2017 by Bernie Daraz

In my work we have some assemblies that are all very similar minus the change to a few parts here and there.  I built 64 configurations using a design table to represent every possible way we could build a certain assembly but when I try to make a drawing for that assembly it uses data from the @ parts card.  It's very annoying and I can't get our title block to reference the configuration in the drawing view to import it's description and part number.  Currently I have tried;

Edit sheet format; RMB drawing number; Link to Property; model in view specified in sheet properties.  This doesn't work and it reverts back to Current document.  The callout for the drawing number is $PRP:"PartNumber"

The only thing I can think of is manually editing the drawing number to state the drawing number of the referenced configuration but we want to maintain all links as completely as possible.

I am not sure if there's a custom property to make it display the configuration name in the drawing title block but, if there is, I'd like to learn about it.

Outcomes