2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2017 5:12 AM by Povilas Vaitukaitis

2015 SP5.0 SolidWorks installation error

Povilas Vaitukaitis

Hi, I'm trying to install SolidWorks on my laptop. After installation reaches 20% I get notification that installation encountered fatal error. Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong? I had the same version before, installed from the same files (it's university SolidWorks license), and everything was fine. I attached IM_logs of the installation. If this forum is not the right place for such question please redirect me to the right one. Thanks

• Re: 2015 SP5.0 SolidWorks installation error
          Ryan Dark

Hi Povilas,

There are a couple errors noted in the log files you attached up.  They are:

• CA:Register_DocMgrDLL.9FB07B3D_0B7D_4A2F_82AB_F16B1F24912C Location:C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\ Command:regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SOLIDWORKS Shared\swdocumentmgr.dll" /s"
          • "CustomAction Register_DocMgrDLL.9FB07B3D_0B7D_4A2F_82AB_F16B1F24912C returned actual error code 3 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)"

These would indicate that some Microsoft C++ Redistributable packages are either missing from this machine or damaged.  To fix this you would want to go into the "prereqs" folder of your installation source files and run all the .EXE packages (both x86 and x64 pacakges) found in the "VCRedist" folders (shown below).  You will either have them install anew or run a repair on the existing installation.

Additionally, you would want to make sure to run the "NDP452-KB2901907-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.EXE" found in the "prereqs\dotNetFx" folder in your installation source files  (also shown below).

Once you have made these prerequisite installations manually try your SOLIDWORKS install again.