3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2017 8:54 AM by Amen Allah Jlili

Help with FeatureLinearPattern4

Prashant Mohan

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to implement a linear pattern in X and  Y direction using FeatureLinearPattern4. I had a cube with a hole in it. I implemented a code which will traverse the part find the hole and select. it.  The code will then select the 2 perpendicular edges for direction.

The problem was i was using swEntity.Select4(False, swSelData) for selecting my edges and Select2 for my feature. That did not work. So i looked up the interned and found an example which used a SelectbyID2 method and it worked (code below). The problem was SelectbyID2 method has this option called Mark which is used by other functions that require ordered selection.

I am not sure how to get the data for SelectbyID2 (majorly the selection point) to able to implement linearpatter4. I am not sure if there is some other way to implement linear pattern without using SelectbyID2. I would appreciate any help or suggestions on this.

EXAMPLE for SelectbyiD2 which worked

'This example shows how to create a linear-pattern feature using an offset reference.

'----------------------------------------------------------------------------

' Preconditions: Open install_dir\samples\tutorial\api\varyinstance.sldprt.

'

' Postconditions: Creates LPattern1 in the FeatureManager design tree.

'

' NOTE: Because the model is used elsewhere, do not save any changes.

'----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dim swApp As SldWorks.SldWorks

Dim Part As SldWorks.ModelDoc2

Dim myFeature As SldWorks.Feature

Dim boolstatus As Boolean

Option Explicit

Sub main()

Set swApp = Application.SldWorks

Set Part = swApp.ActiveDoc

' Select feature to pattern

boolstatus = Part.Extension.SelectByID2("Cut-Extrude1", "BODYFEATURE", 0, 0, 0, False, 4, Nothing, swSelectOptionDefault)

' Select Direction 1 reference

boolstatus = Part.Extension.SelectByID2("", "EDGE", -1.43804142453519E-04, 6.90197499537817E-02, 3.70101655861568E-02, True, 1, Nothing, swSelectOptionDefault)

' Select Direction 2 reference

boolstatus = Part.Extension.SelectByID2("", "EDGE", 8.50674319963218E-06, -5.07775663234327E-02, 0.14947002782122, True, 2, Nothing, swSelectOptionDefault)

' Create linear-pattern feature calling IFeatureManager::FeatureLinearPattern4

Set myFeature = Part.FeatureManager.FeatureLinearPattern4( _

3, _

0.02, _

4, _

0.02, _

False, _

False, _

"", _

"", _

False, _

False, _

False, _