4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2017 12:33 AM by Deepak Gupta

Drawing Template: Predefined Views Linked to Configurations

Ryan Bates

I would like to know if there is a way to link predefined views in a drawing template to certain configuration names.  I often create nearly identical drawings for large industrial building layouts that include certain views for elevations and top-downs of each level.  I have views set up linked only to Top, Right, Left, etc but I was hoping to be able to link to configuration names that I keep identical across my assemblies, in which I define features to hide unwanted sections/components of each view.  The goal would be to finish my assembly and define all my configurations: Level 1, Level 2,... etc and then create a drawing in which each view will correctly link up to the configuration that matches the page of the drawing.  As a side note, when I use my drawing template the assembly I'm creating it from only links to the first page drawing view, and I have to manually insert it to all other views in the drawing.  Is there a way to insert the assembly across all pages of the drawing automatically?