8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2017 8:27 AM by Maha Nadarasa

Warning Sign

Maha Nadarasa

This tutorial was completed. But whenever I opened the file Warning Sign is coming. And this problem is indicated with color change in FM as well. How to get rid of this?

1.png

2.png

• Re: Warning Sign
          Jaja Jojo

most likely its a sketch relation try to edit sketch then delete the relationship with missing reference

J. Mather

I started to go through this step-by-step and noticed a lack of symmetry in Sketch3 when I turned on the visibility of the curvature comb.

I did not go any further.....

Sketch3.png

Dennis Bacon

Looks really good Maha. Now if we can get rid of that nasty sketch 17 error. First I deleted your 100.30 dim. Just didn't like it and don't think it can be useful in this revolve. The sketch can be fully defined without going outside of the immediate geometry. Then trimmed the end of the spline that extended beyond the line. Didn't have to do that but kind makes things more tidy.

The answer to all of life's problems seems to be in the spline offset. I made several attempts with this and several seem to do the trick but I could not always duplicate it. Things would seem fine and the sketch would be fully defined until I exited and rebuilt. Then the sketch would be underdefined or overdefined . I found that if I deleted the offset relation, put a perpendicular relation between the outer spline and line, and added a construction line at the bottom to keep the 4mm distance between the two splines everything was beautiful.

Now I cannot break it no matter what I do.

Edit:,, I wanted to add that I know you are going by the tutorial and like I said earlier I did several things that worked but did not work consistently. I'm guessing that is the way the tutorial would go also. I would think that spline offset is going to cause issues somewhere along the line.

Maha Nadarasa

Thank you very much for the help.

Rick Becker

The answer to all of life's problems seems to be in the spline offset. I made several attempts with this and several seem to do the trick but I could not always duplicate it. Things would seem fine and the sketch would be fully defined until I exited and rebuilt. Then the sketch would be underdefined or overdefined . I found that if I deleted the offset relation, put a perpendicular relation between the outer spline and line, and added a construction line at the bottom to keep the 4mm distance between the two splines everything was beautiful.

This answer Screams that there is a fundamental problem with SolidWorks.

Please fix this Dassault.

ONE and TWO

SWW 2017 Top 10:

1. Focus more on fixing bugs, 212, Matthew Lorono, 18576 Views
                    2. Substantially increase stability in SOLIDWORKS, 150, Matthew Lorono, 480 Views