9 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2017 9:25 AM by Deepak Gupta

Some drawing sheets out of date

Peter De Vlieger

Duh, you don't say. Would I like to see the latest version? Nay, I want to see the version of two months ago.

OF COURSE I want the updated version. If some things altered I want to see it reflected on the drawing. Isn't that the entire point of working with a drawing that is linked to the model? If it wasn't I would have saved the DRW as a detached drawing.

When I open a drawing it is either to edit it, have it reflect latest changes in the model and check if all is still as should be and/or to print it.

And what's the use of the "Don't show again"? Because it doesn't remember it for other drawings during the same session.

Nor does it remember it for the same drawing in the next session. If I don't want something to show again I do mean not ever again. Instead I have to answer the same question in the next Solidworks session.

<\rant>

There for my question, why ? On the off chance that perhaps once in a life time anyone would like to see the drawing in the state before?

What possible reason is there to bother the user each and every time with this?