Subassemblies and especially flexible subassemblies are terrific time savers in SWX. I just discovered something that will help me keep a few more hair follicles.
I have a large (in size, not in part count) subassemblies. I have it set to flexible for the one degree of freedom relating to the thickness of the concrete slab it grabs onto. By Ctrl-dragging one of these from the FeatureManager I can drop another copy into the approximate location for the next instance. If the one I started with is set to be a flexible assembly then this new instance will be flexible also. So far, so good. However, in dragging this new sub around there is a lag, but worse than that I'm not able to just drag it like I want to. I'm sure a lot of you know this, but I just discovered this little tip and had to share. By setting the new instance to Rigid instead of Flexible I was able to drag it quickly and easily. I was then able to quickly add all the mates. When I got to the slab thickness as the only mate left I just set the subassembly back to Flexible.
I've had this movement lag and dragging difficulty happen before in other projects, but I was only messing with one new instance. This discovery has made a huge difference in how quickly and easily I am able to drag and position the subs!!
Someone suggested I should have stated the "tip" more succinctly:
When inserting and dragging Flexible subassemblies it is helpful to first set them to Rigid for moving them around and mating, then setting back to Flexible. The subassemblies are much easier to move and control while in their rigid state.