AnsweredAssumed Answered

Assemblies Will Not Open

Question asked by Mark Cadeau on Dec 9, 2008
Latest reply on Dec 9, 2008 by Daniel Slezak
I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with a problem I'm having? None of my assemblies will open. The strange thing is that my part files open with no problems. I'm using SolidWorks 2008 SP 5.0. When I try to open an assembly it begins the process of opening but it then shuts down SolidWorks and I get a message box stating "An error has occurred and SolidWorks needs to re-start". The message box gives me the option to "restart and recover files". I have selected this option several times and SolidWorks does restart but it does the same thing when I try to open an assembly. I have never experienced this problem before. What I can tell you is that the problem is consistent. I have opened several parts from several different assemblies and they all open with no problems. I have also tried to open several different assemblies and sub-assemblies, and non have opened and when I try they all shut down the program and give me the same message I spoke about above. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Outcomes