5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2017 5:35 PM by Amen Allah Jlili

VB.NET AddIn - How to insert a sub to convert the unit, How to deal with small values?

Ross John

I am new to this forum and I am looking forward to learn from you experts.

Also I am new to VB.NET and cannot solve these two problems on my own.

Question 1: I have wrote some codes to convert the unit from meter into millimeter. But I dont know how to use these codes in VB.NET AddIn. Here is my code:

Private Function convertMeterToMillimeter(Meter As Double)

convertMeterToMillimeter = Meter / 1000

End Function

I want to insert the above code into the standard VB.NET AddIn codes, so that I can use this Function for all the other Subs in one project.

For example: In the standard VB.NET AddIn file there is a line like this: (In the Sub CreateCube)

model.SketchRectangle(0, 0, 0, 0.1, 0.1, 0.1, False)

I want to rewrite the above line into something like this...:

model.SketchRectangle(convertMeterToMillimeter(0),

convertMeterToMillimeter(0),

convertMeterToMillimeter(0),

convertMeterToMillimeter(100),

convertMeterToMillimeter(100),

convertMeterToMillimeter(100), False)

Could anybody please tell me, where exactly should I put the Function convertMeterToMillimeter, how to make the declarations... etc.

Question 2: Besides, if there are small values, it seems SolidWorks cannot do correctly.

For example: If I change 100mm into 1mm in the standard VB.NET AddIn file:

From: model.SketchRectangle(0, 0, 0, 0.1, 0.1, 0.1, False)

Change to: model.SketchRectangle(0, 0, 0, 0.001, 0.001, 0.001, False)

SolidWorks will not do the job.

How to solve this problem?

Thanks for your help!