12 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2017 4:20 AM by Yijing Jiang

Education version issueAfte

Yijing Jiang

I have education version 2016-2017, after i start software and use it  2 to 3 mins, then it stopped work , appear attached message, am i allow to uninstall it, then install again to see if it will work  normal?

• Re: Education version issueAfte
          Yijing Jiang

Received email said this version can use until July 31 2018, that means is not possible it is expired, but to check the issue, it might be need uninstall it than install it again, i just not sure if i can have this permission to do so.

My graphic card is ' NIVIDIA ' , and i still have too much free disk in my disk C and D, my window is windows 7 professional, do u think the issue might because of the windows version?

Dave Bear

Hi Yijing Jiang,

Have you checked that both your system requirements and your graphics card are recommended by SolidWorks? You can check both of those here at Hardware & System Requirements | Support | SOLIDWORKS

Be sure to look at the details thoroughly!

Dave.

Yijing Jiang

Hi, Dear Dave, thanks for your reply, i checked, i do not have problem with computer requirements i think,

99.jpg

9.jpg

how you think? and i was using Solidworks education version 2015 for one year, nothing happened, was worked prefect

Dave Bear

Hi Yijing,

Did you actually check by clicking on the links that I gave you (above) that both your computer specs and your graphics card are listed as supported by Solidworks, yes or no?

You really need to supply more detail on the specs for both of these.......

Dave,

Yijing Jiang

Hi, dear Dave, thanks for your reply.

i checked, there is no NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M/PCle/SSE2 graphic card listed for 2016 and 2015 version, i thought i have a very good graphic card, but now.... i have question that i has 2015 version installed on my computer for a years, it worked perfect, i got informed from Solidworks Rx :

There is no information on your configuration in our database. If you are experiencing issues with your system, you may want to visit the website to find recommended cards and drivers.

does this means if i want to use solidworks 2016, i must change a graphic card , even a new computer?

Yijing Jiang

My laptop is Asus, it is also not in list of computer vendor, there must a way to solove it, as 2015 was worked perfect.

Ryan Dark

Hi Yijing,

As others have pointed out this hardware is not supported for use with SolidWorks (specifically the graphics card) and it is expected there will be some performance issues.

That being said this forum has seen a lot of reports about slow performance with NVidia GeForce GTX cards. The consensus around here and across the user base is that upgrading to the very latest driver from www.geforce.com or rolling back to the previous driver is able to improve this. You will definitely want to try either or both of these (upgrading or rolling back the graphics driver) to see if it helps your situation too.

Dennis Dohogne

Your graphics card is not an approved card, but that doesn't mean it won't work.  I had a problem with a laptop after I had upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 and SWX from 2014 to 2016.  It turned out all the problem was with the graphics driver not being the right one when I went from Windows 7 to 10.  SolidWorks worked perfectly with the Win7/SWX2014 combination, but would hardly get past the fully open stage with the Win10/SWX2016 combination.  It did not even look like a graphics problem!  Updating to the proper graphics driver for the OS solved my problem.  It might not fix your problem, but it is worth a try.

Dave Bear

Hi Yijing,

My laptop is also ASUS and I'm running only a Nvidia Geforce 820M graphics card with SW2016 SP3 and no major issues. Then again, I don't expect it to run major simulations or anything like that either. Like Dennis mentioned, it's all about finding the right drivers. Some combinations will work, others won't and you just might have to go to a higher spec machine. It's a fickle thing!

Dave.