13 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2017 11:54 AM by Eric Smith

Is there a better way to execute Normal To View?

Eric Smith

If the "Zoom to fit when changing standard views" option is checked, then every time normal to view is selected, it is necessary to zoom back in to the area of interest to continue working.

If that option is not selected, SW often rotates the part around some point that is not in the area of interest, which moves the area of interest off the screen - so again, it is necessary to manipulate the model to return to the area of interest.  Often, the entire part is moved completely off the screen.  SW may be rotating about the center of mass, so if the center of mass is off the screen, the model gets spun around a point off the screen, moving the area of interest off the screen.  Turning on the "Zoom about screen center" option would seem to be the answer, but for some reason this is not working for me.

Is there a way to make it so that normal to simply squares up what you are looking at, without doing any other unwanted movement?

I have a space mouse.  The space mouse updates the center of rotation (for the space mouse) every time you stop moving the part.  Could this somehow be related?  The point of rotation for the space mouse is not the same as for SW otherwise (including the regular mouse), so they do not seem to be connected.  The point of rotation the space mouse uses is good, so if I could get SW to use the same point, that should work ok.

Thank you,

ES