Someone with SOLIDWORKS surfacing experience would have a leg up. Click on the link above to apply through our website.
Aerospace Design Engineer
Essex Industries Inc - St. Louis, MO
Summary of Job:
Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for designing,
planning, and testing of engineering projects. The specific design product line
of interest is aircraft components. Aircraft design experience is essential and
components design experience is a bonus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include but may not be limited to the following:
- Leads large projects
- Leads multiple engineering programs, including defining the project scope of works, product development records, milestones, staff requirements, and customer requirements.
- Makes improvement suggestions for department processes and procedures.
- Works closely with suppliers, purchasing, materials management, and manufacturing engineers.
- Develops and maintains a schedule and budget for the assigned engineering projects.
- Provides reports on the status of project milestones and adjusts schedules accordingly.
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget.
- Identifies project staffing requirements and coordinates staffing with supporting organization managers.
- Coordinates preparation and delivery of project deliverables, design documents, and bid packages.
- Assigns and oversees project personnel to specific phases or aspects of project such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and product testing.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Prepares interim and completion detailed project reports.
- Interfaces with customers to provide project status reports and ensure customer needs are met.
- Provides status and progress reports to customer, project team, and management.
- Skilled in computer assisted engineering and design software.
- Prepare, review, and approve technical drawings and documents.
- Knowledge and application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
Knowledge equivalent to Bachelor’s degree in engineering related field and 5-7 years of equivalent engineering experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.