2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2017 10:50 AM by Glenn Schroeder

are DRW's slower ?

Peter De Vlieger

Whenever I have to work on a DRW with multiple section views and such things slow down to a crawl.

In fact I do think I had root canals that were less painful then working on a drawing with 1 top view and 3 section views.

Dimensioning, slow

Annotating, so slow that I can type an entire sentence before the first word is completely viewable on screen.

Zooming, panning, saving it all takes such a long time.

Okay, my workstation is 7 years old as is my graphics card but would that truly be the reason why ?

• Re: are DRW's slower ?
          John Stoltzfus

Models created with 2017 SP1 and inserted in drawings are definitely slower, much much slower.  The assembly model would rebuild in like .04 seconds and it could take up to 40 - 60 secs in the drawing file.  I use multiple drawing sheets and as soon as I got to a part drawing it was right up to speed, but as soon as I clicked on the Assembly Drawing it would crawl along.  I think SP2 is a little better. 

I can open up a much more complex assembly that was done pre-2017 and it opens and rebuilds fine....

• Re: are DRW's slower ?
            Glenn Schroeder

Peter,

I've used SW2017 sp's 0, 1, and 2, and haven't noticed any slowdown when working with Drawings.