5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2018 5:36 PM by Brian Marks

Windows Explorer Hanging and Crashing since SW2015 and still going on in SW2016

Jean Stassen

I'm experiencing Windows Explorer Hangs and Crashes since the use of SW2015.

Now using SW2016 SP5.0. Have new state of the art PC and still the crashes/hangs keep coming.

It seems to have a relation with the SW explorer but I'm not sure.

This call is already known with my VAR since 2015 but they still have no answer.

When looking into the log files the folowing files, the most frequent files that are related to the hangs/crashes are shown at and of this question.

Uninstalling SW explorer maybe could help but then I can't rename my SW files in a good manor, at least I don't know how.

Please inform if you have a solution for this problem?

=================

Naam van toepassing met fout: Explorer.EXE, versie: 6.1.7601.23537, tijdstempel: 0x57c44efe

Naam van module met fout: SLDMFCU.dll, versie: 24.5.0.58, tijdstempel: 0x57ff5132

Uitzonderingscode: 0xc0000005

Foutoffset: 0x00000000001c4349

Id van proces met fout: 0x1a70

Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x01d2997b44e5ccaa

Pad naar toepassing met fout: C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE

Pad naar module met fout: C:\Program Files\SOLIDWORKS Corp 2016\SOLIDWORKS\SLDMFCU.dll

Rapport-id: e8420f12-056e-11e7-9f90-dc4a3e6d4d1a

Naam van toepassing met fout: Explorer.EXE, versie: 6.1.7601.23537, tijdstempel: 0x57c44efe

Naam van module met fout: ntdll.dll, versie: 6.1.7601.23572, tijdstempel: 0x57fd0651

Uitzonderingscode: 0xc0000374

Foutoffset: 0x00000000000bf3e2

Id van proces met fout: 0x100c

Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x01d288284da1cba5

Pad naar module met fout: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Rapport-id: 4b222fb9-f41d-11e6-9ade-dc4a3e6d4d1a

Naam van module met fout: mfc110u.dll, versie: 11.0.60610.1, tijdstempel: 0x51b4fcce

Uitzonderingscode: 0xc0000005

Foutoffset: 0x00000000000019be

Id van proces met fout: 0xbec

Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x01d2981459137976

Pad naar module met fout: C:\Windows\system32\mfc110u.dll

Rapport-id: 09685536-040d-11e7-a926-dc4a3e6d4d1a

======================

• Re: Windows Explorer Hanging and Crashing since SW2015 and still going on in SW2016
          Roy Copal

Hoi Jean,

Helaas heb ik geen antwoord voor je maar ik heb exact dezelfde problemen bij een klant.  Kenmerkend door " mfc110u.dll"  en "SLDMFCU.dll"  foutmeldingen in de log files. Het is een terug kerend probleem. De PC is al vervangen door een nieuwe PC en daarna zelfs nog opnieuw geïnstalleerd. Beide hebben geen blijvende oplossing geboden. Herinstallatie van Solidworks biedt ook geen oplossing.

Ik hoop dat iemand hier een oplossing voor heeft.

• Re: Windows Explorer Hanging and Crashing since SW2015 and still going on in SW2016
            Bill Stadler

Next time it hangs try going out to task manager and end all Internet explorer process.  We get periodic hangs when clicking on a folder in Windows Explorer and many times can get it to come back after killing the IE process in task manager.  Still trying to track down why.

If anyone from SW has some troubleshooting suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Nicolas Guyot

Hello,

I update this subject.

From more or less the same period, I have the same issue.

I have never found a solution with Avenao witch sells Solidworks to my company.

I have made the update to Solidworks 2018 SP and this issue is still here.

Is there someone from Solidworks to help us on this topic ?

Regards

Andreas Rhomberg

do you use the Preview Pane at all?

with the Preview Pane active i have constant hang-ups.

much more stable with it off.

Brian Marks

I've been having similar issue for some time. (close to a year or so now) Preview Pane off.  But if Win-explorer is open it can happen- some times even if a window isn't open.....

Happens when (Not every time... but occasionally {2-4++ times per week} while preforming the following):

Opening a SW file from Win-Exp.

Opening a Win-Exp. window while SW was open and or had been open recently/just closed

Closing a Win-Exp. window while SW was open and or had been open recently/just closed

Navigating around a Win-Exp. window while SW was open and or had been open recently/just closed

Moving mouse around in SW work space

Moving mouse around in SW Feature Manager Tree pane

Exiting a sketch in SW

Changing dimensions in a sketch in SW

Opening a SW part from inside a SW Assy.

In Context editing of a Part/Assy in SW

While adding mates inside a SW Assy.

Switching between Simulation results inside a SW part

While navigating thru a Win-Exp. window while SW RX was running System Maintenance

Repositioning a part in a SW Assy.

I will stop here as I think the point has been made. I started a log of Win-Exp. crashes/issues on 12/2017 after having had the issues for many months. I'm not sure what is causing it... one common item in the vast majority of my crash log entries is Solidworks, or a Solidworks product was, or had recently been open.

This has caused a great deal of angst and some lost time/productivity.... If it is a SW issue it would be very nice if it was fixed... preferably sooner than later. Yes I did contact my IT and my VAR... and yes I do forward the crash logs to SW when it prompts me to.. We've been going round and round a bit.... Hate to say this... But I'm heartened to see I'm not alone.