5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2017 3:26 PM by John Stoltzfus

Sheet Specific Revision Property - Sheet Format

Taylor Kelly

Hello all,

I've been trying to setup a drawing template, and have become stuck. I would like to be able to use revision tables to automatically rev up prints. I've been able to do that with $PRP:"SW-Revision" in a text box. However, my company uses multiple sheets within a drawing file, so each sheet has its own revision level. I see the fact that a custom property is created when I create a revision level on my drawing (it's called Revision-Sheet1, Revision-Sheet2, etc.). I'm also able to create a text box that will link to this property, but if I place it on a template, it will always refer to the same sheet.  What I would like is to be able to create a text box that links to Revision-SheetN, where N is the current sheet.

I've tried $PRP:"Revision-Sheet$PRP:"Current Sheet"", but that just gives me a blank.

Anyone had any luck with this or know how to get this to function. Seems simple enough, but I can't get the text box to adjust properly.

Thanks,

TK

• Re: Sheet Specific Revision Property - Sheet Format
          John Stoltzfus

You can change your sheet template/format all you want, but the driving information comes from the part or assembly file... You need to add those Revision notes to the part/assembly files and then read them in the drawing..  Do you use Custom Property Tab Builder??

• Re: Sheet Specific Revision Property - Sheet Format
              Taylor Kelly

John,

I'm actually pulling quite a bit of information from the drawing file itself rather than from the part file. We're maintaining drawing revision levels rather than part revision levels here. I can easily use the custom property tab for the revision level of the drawing as a whole, or from the part/assembly. I can even use the custom property tab to pull the specific sheet revision level at which point it will automatically update, however I have to manually change the link to the correct custom property as I add new sheets.

I'd like for the text box to adjust to the correct custom property on new sheets. IE, Revision-CurrentSheet. The highlighted matches with the revision table, and is created each time I add a revision table to a new sheet, but I cannot get the text box to link to the sheet specific property automatically.