4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2017 3:47 PM by Glenn Schroeder

Adding second sheet

James Barnes

Ok reading though some other posts. some work some don't.but

from the help system:

• If the option Show sheet format dialog when adding new sheet from Options Tool_Options_Standard.gif, Drawings is not selected, and the Drawing Sheets document property is not set, a new sheet is added using the format of the existing sheet.

have my system set this way. if I add a second sheet to the drawing file all I get is a blank standard sheet. not the "a new sheet is added using the format of the existing sheet."

if I copy/paste the first sheet it all 'works' other that having to delete the views already on the sheet. .

is there some trick I'm missing?  likely....

first time I've had a use for the multi sheet built in to SW..

thanks

jb..

• Re: Adding second sheet
          Glenn Schroeder

There are two possibilities that I can think of:

1)  The current sheet format has been changed or moved and can't be located.

2)  This option isn't selected in the sheet Properties:

James Barnes

all I can see in that dialog is SW 'standard' sheets.

my custom sheets are in a top level folder. that shows when I start a new drawing.

I've saved one ....dot file as sheet format and set the options to point to that... but .. by the help file it should /copy/ the sheet I have open..

don't like having two copies of the default company drawing sheets.. ..

Glenn Schroeder

James Barnes wrote:

all I can see in that dialog is SW 'standard' sheets.

my custom sheets are in a top level folder. that shows when I start a new drawing.

I've saved one ....dot file as sheet format and set the options to point to that... but .. by the help file it should /copy/ the sheet I have open..

don't like having two copies of the default company drawing sheets.. ..

.dot files are drawing templates, not sheet formats.  If you're only seeing the SW standard sheets then you aren't pointing to the location where your custom sheet formats are saved at Tools > Options > File Locations > Sheet Formats.  See #2 at Frequently Asked Forum Questions for more information on both issues, then please come back here if you're still having trouble.  I'll be fishing the rest of the week, but I'm sure someone else will be glad to help.

John Stoltzfus

Did you check this