18 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2018 8:33 AM by Marco Crociani

Macro to Update the Cutlist Properties for all Components

Peter Kennedy

I have a macro that will current cycle through a single cut list component when selected using:

Set swApp = Application.SldWorks

Set swModel = swApp.ActiveDoc

Set swSelMgr = swModel.SelectionManager

Set swFeat = swSelMgr.GetSelectedObject6(1, -1)

What I would like to do is have the macro run through all the cutlist components and update if possible, is there a way to have the macro loop through all components that are in the cutlist?

Thanks.

• Re: Macro to Update the Cutlist Properties for all Components
          Deepak Gupta

Peter, can you try the #TASK tool. It has inbuilt update cut list tool.

Peter Kennedy

Are you able to make adjustments to the script? I have a current macro that runs and creates a file name for the part however I just want to add this file name to each cut list component so in our BOM the user can see what file the weldment is from. I currently add it manually each time and since I already have the macro adding the file name to the whole part custom properties I would like to try and add it to each weldment cut list property as well.

Deepak Gupta

You can create you own scripts using #TASK OR can run your own macro.

Share/Upload your macro and I can try to create the macro Or script for you.

Peter Kennedy

I've attached the macro, it's extremely basic.

Like I mentioned above it more for when I have a mutlibody part and it adds the file name to each cutlist custom property, right now I have to select each list and run the macro where if the system could just cycle through all cutlists that would be ideal.

Thanks for the help.

Deepak Gupta

Peter, try this macro. And if you need to batch run it, then you can use it with #TASK

Option Explicit
                              Dim swApp               As SldWorks.SldWorks
                              Dim swModel             As SldWorks.ModelDoc2
                              Dim swFeat              As SldWorks.Feature
                              Dim swCustPropMgr       As SldWorks.CustomPropertyManager
                              Dim FileNumber          As String

Sub main()
                              On Error Resume Next

Set swCustPropMgr = swModel.Extension.CustomPropertyManager("")
                              swCustPropMgr.Get4 "File Number", False, FileNumber, ""

Set swFeat = swModel.FirstFeature
                                  Do While Not swFeat Is Nothing
                                      If swFeat.GetTypeName() = "CutListFolder" Then
                                                  Set swCustPropMgr = swFeat.CustomPropertyManager
                                                  swCustPropMgr.Add3 "File Number", swCustomInfoText, FileNumber, 1
                                      End If
                                  Set swFeat = swFeat.GetNextFeature
                                  Loop
                          End Sub

Peter Kennedy

Perfect, thank you so much that's exactly what I needed. Thanks.

Marco Crociani

Hello everybody,

i use this macro, it is very useful.

But now i would like to take a field already present in the cutting list (in my case I would like to use the property "sheet thickness").

After I'd like to overwrite the property "Description"  with:

a part of text that is always the same ("Sheetmetal") + the property "sheet thickness" of the funtion sheetmetal (that we have taken before) + a part of text that is always the same ("mm")

The result I would like is:

Description --> Sheetmetal 5 mm

Thanks for the help.

Deepak Gupta

You can use

swCustPropMgr.Add3 "Description", swCustomInfoText, "Sheetmetal " & sheet thickness &  " mm", 1 

Marco Crociani

there is an error on sheet thickness

Expected: end instruction

Deepak Gupta

Marco Crociani wrote:

there is an error on sheet thickness

Expected: end instruction

You need to obtain the value of sheet thickness, assign it to a variable and replace the sheet thickness in this line

swCustPropMgr.Add3 "Description", swCustomInfoText, "Sheetmetal " & sheet thickness &  " mm", 1

If you are not sure how to do that then upload a file with updated value of description.

Marco Crociani

This is the macro:

Option Explicit

Dim CODICE              As String

Dim CODICE_FINALE       As String

Dim UM                  As String

Dim PESO                As String

Dim DESCRIZIONE         As String

Sub main()

On Error Resume Next

swCustPropMgr.Get4 "CODICE", False, CODICE, ""

swCustPropMgr.Get4 "CODICE_FINALE", False, CODICE_FINALE, ""

swCustPropMgr.Get4 "UM", False, UM, ""

swCustPropMgr.Get4 "PESO", False, PESO, ""

swCustPropMgr.Get4 "DESCRIZIONE", False, DESCRIZIONE, ""

swCustPropMgr.Add3 "CODICE", swCustomInfoText, "KLAM.", 1

swCustPropMgr.Add3 "CODICE_FINALE", swCustomInfoText, "KLAM.", 1

swCustPropMgr.Add3 "UM", swCustomInfoText, "KG", 1

swCustPropMgr.Add3 "PESO", swCustomInfoText, Chr(34) & "SW-MASS" & Chr(34), 1

swCustPropMgr.Add3 "DESCRIZIONE", swCustomInfoText, "Sheetmetal " & sheet thickness &  " mm", 1

End If

Loop

End Sub

in the link below the file:

Dropbox - Parte5.SLDPRT

In the image below, I highlighted the two properties (in italian: Spessore lamiera = Sheet thickness / Descrizione = Description)

Deepak Gupta

Try these codes

Option Explicit
                                                          Dim sThickness          As String
                                                          Dim swBodyFolder        As SldWorks.BodyFolder
                                                      Sub main()

On Error Resume Next

swCustPropMgr.Get4 "CODICE", False, CODICE, ""
                                                          swCustPropMgr.Get4 "CODICE_FINALE", False, CODICE_FINALE, ""
                                                          swCustPropMgr.Get4 "DESCRIZIONE", False, DESCRIZIONE, """"

Set swBodyFolder = swFeat.GetSpecificFeature2
                                                                  swBodyFolder.UpdateCutList

swCustPropMgr.Get4 "Sheet Metal Thickness", False, "", sThickness

swCustPropMgr.Add3 "CODICE", swCustomInfoText, "KLAM.", 1
                                                                              swCustPropMgr.Add3 "CODICE_FINALE", swCustomInfoText, "KLAM.", 1
                                                                              swCustPropMgr.Add3 "DESCRIZIONE", swCustomInfoText, "Sheetmetal " & sThickness & " mm", 1
                                                                  End If
                                                              Loop

End Sub

And as a side note, you can always attach file here on the forums. Check #18 of Forum Posting on how to attach files while replying to a post.

Marco Crociani

Great,

in this way, it works!!!!

A last request, I would like you to write these properties only when the function is a Sheet metal function.

How can it be done?

Thank you so much for your help

Deepak Gupta

The macro can check if the active part is sheet metal or not. Is this what you need?

Marco Crociani

I use multi-body part, the macro does a check if the function is sheetmetal then writes the properties otherwise (for example a body was created with a simple extrusion) it does nothing.

sorry, maybe with an image I can explain myself better

Marco Crociani

Hello Deepak,

yes, is it possible to check if the body is a sheet metal or not??

another question:

i want to write a property called "TIPO_LAM_1"  in this way:

IF the property "number of folds" is 0

THEN write "PIANA"

ELSE write "PIEGATA"

is it possible?

thank you very much if you can solve these 2 problems

Deepak Gupta

Marco Crociani wrote:

Hello Deepak,

yes, is it possible to check if the body is a sheet metal or not??

Yes you can do that using IsSheetMetal Method (IBody2)

i want to write a property called "TIPO_LAM_1" in this way:

IF the property "number of folds" is 0

THEN write "PIANA"

ELSE write "PIEGATA"

is it possible?

This can be done via a simple if condition after you get the property value.

Marco Crociani

Excuse me but I'm very scarce

This is my macro, can you write the modification?

Thank you very very much!!

Option Explicit

Dim sThickness          As String

Dim swBodyFolder        As SldWorks.BodyFolder

Sub main()

On Error Resume Next

swCustPropMgr.Get4 "CODICE", False, CODICE, """"

swCustPropMgr.Get4 "CODICE_FINALE", False, CODICE_FINALE, """"

swCustPropMgr.Get4 "DESCRIZIONE", False, DESCRIZIONE, """"

Set swBodyFolder = swFeat.GetSpecificFeature2

swBodyFolder.UpdateCutList

swCustPropMgr.Get4 "Spessore lamiera", False, "", sThickness

swCustPropMgr.Add3 "CODICE", swCustomInfoText, "KLAM." & sThickness, 1

swCustPropMgr.Add3 "CODICE_FINALE", swCustomInfoText, "KLAM." & sThickness, 1

swCustPropMgr.Add3 "DESCRIZIONE", swCustomInfoText, "Lamiera sp. " & sThickness & "mm", 1

End If

Loop

End Sub