Post any questions here, but please send your application/resumes to email@example.com
Engineering company from northern New Jersey is looking for experienced SolidWorks designer. Please read requirements below and reply only if qualified. This is a Full Time position.
• You will be working in fast-paced environment with multiple project on hand at all times. Good multi-tasking skills are essential.
• Work closely with Process and Mechanical engineers during project execution (approval drawings, fabrication drawings, and as-built drawings).
• Develop complex piping layouts and skidded systems, which satisfy all project and company requirements on projects -- from the preliminary design stage through the detail design phase of a project.
• Create 3D models of assemblies and parts, and use them to generate detailed dimensional drawings using Solidworks.
• Must be able to read, layout and prepare P&ID, PFD, layout skid and fabrication drawings.
• Preparing accurate BOMs and cost lists.
• Consulting directly with shop, sales and customers to ensure product meets all project requirements.
• Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data related to project on hand.
• Basic knowledge of multiple formats for CAD (IGES, STEP, SLDDRW, etc.)
• GD&T Dimensioning and Tolerance experience.
• Sales and Engineering manager support.
• Recommendation on system and design upgrades is highly encouraged.
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Maintain effective and constructive working relationships with inside colleagues as well as shops and customers.
• 3+ years' experience with design and drafting in petrochemical (or similar heavy industry environment) process equipment.
• Excellent knowledge of AutoCAD 2D drafting and advanced knowledge of SolidWorks 3D environment (5+ years for both).
• Deadline oriented, Self-motivated, Design skills, analyzing information, must have strong organizational skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office package.
• Minimum A.A.S. in engineering and/or drafting related field (can be substituted with experience).
• Knowledge of SolidWorks routing (big plus).
• Proficiency with SolidWorks weldments.
• Familiar with pipe and piping terms (fittings, flanges, gaskets, schedules, nuts and bolts. . .)
• Shell and tube heat exchangers, tanks and vessels experience (big plus).
• Knowledge of welding and welding terms.
• Experience in setting company's SolidWorks environment from scratch.
• Coding experience of any level (even VB works)
• Headquarters -- Parsippany, NJ
• 100% work is done from our main office.
Kindly provide resume with some examples of your previous work (short portfolio - you will be tested for SolidWorks knowledge in any case)
Local candidates preferred, but not necessary. We may accommodate initial Skype interview, but will need to be present for SW test. No interview trip cost reimbursement or relocation assistance offered though.
Must be eligible to work in US for any employer without restrictions.