2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2017 3:36 PM by Bill Farmer

parallel transistion

Bill Farmer

Has anyone had any luck setting card variables for "user" AND "date" in parallel transitions? I'm trying to setup a parallel transition for seven (7) departments to sign-off on ECR notifications. I can set the user's name or the date the user signed-off but NOT both. This parallel transition is using group permissions and only one user from each group needs to sign-off. Unfortunately, the user will not always be the same person for various reasons. To do this the old fashion way would create 3 versions for each sign-off; that's 21 additional versions with no change to the file itself. Not to mention the 100+ tests for user names and what group the user belongs to. Not good.

• Re: parallel transistion
          Steve Ostrovsky

SPR 816187 exists because of this limitation. I had to use the %user%-%date% into one variable to get around it. Contact your VAR to attach you to this SPR.

It is not possible to capture user and date participating in parallel approval into separate variables using Mapped Approver option

OpenCustomers need to capture who particiapted in an approval and when the approval was performed. In order to search/sort etc. the drawing data card normally has an "Approved by" and "Approved date" field. The intent of the Mapped Approvers functionality was to be able to write into the data card who particpated in an approval if multiple users are involved, not just the last approver that triggers the transition. This works ok provided you only need the username and no separate date - but it is not possible to capture both name and date into separate variables. That leads to values being skipped. You can write user AND date into same target variable (%user%-%date%) but this restricts you from searching, sorting etc since it becomes a string and cannot be handled as date.
          • Re: parallel transistion
            Bill Farmer

Thanks Steve. That's not what I wanted to hear but it is what I expected. Guess I'll have to keep my fingers crossed for this to be corrected.