AnsweredAssumed Answered

2017 toolbox problem

Question asked by Whit Elliott on Feb 17, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 28, 2017 by Kevin Williams

We went from 2015 to 2017 a couple weeks ago and little things keep popping up. Recently, occasionally, when starting SW I'll get a message stating "You appear to have experienced problems last time you loaded the SW Toolbox add-in". the first time I saw this I didn't recall having any problems, been using SW2017 about a week when this first appeared.

Two options at this point... Yes, continue to load Toolbox or No, disable Toolbox. If I click yes SW tries to start but something eats up most of my 16Gb ram and I have to kill the process. If I click NO, SW starts normally and I'm able to add-in Toolbox, everything seems to work fine.

What I found is when 'Toolbox Library' is set to load at start up everything seems 'normal'. If I I also check Toolbox Utilities at Start Up, the program will hang, eat my memory and I have to kill it. I don't know what Toolbox Utilities do.

I'm not sure what to do about this, but figured I'd share my findings. SW2017SP2 Win7-64

Screenshot of message and Performance meter after a reboot, when starting with both checked, then killed...

Outcomes