1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 118 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2010 3:43 PM by Mark Kaiser Go to original post
      • 90. Windows 7 and SolidWorks 2009
        Well, installed Win7 RC1 on my XPS without issue. I attempted soft-moding the dual GeForce 8700M to Quadro 1600M, but for some reason RivaTuner will only mod the first GPU, and leaves the second GPU setup as an 8700M. This has played havoc with the NVstrap part RivaTuner in XP, and continued in Win7. But, was able to get RealView to work while the 1600M was enabled. Undid the NVstrap and restored the 8700M with Quadro drivers. Works without issue.

Rather like Win7. The interface is a lot more stream-lined than Vista was. Still had that damn "Are you sure you want to run this program?" popup, but disabled it. Also got Routing to work on SW 2009 Win7 install.
        • 91. Windows 7 and SolidWorks 2009
          Paul McGarr
          Hi all,

Just came back to say that I have been running SolidWorks 2009 SP3.0 on Windows 7 RC (build 7100) for a couple weeks now in a production environment (work) and all is well. Realview is working for me with the drivers installed with the OS.

I am currently running at 32 bit by the way...no experience with 64bit Windows 7 RC yet personally.

I still have nothing bad to say about Windows 7 after using it since Beta. Very nice.

Paul
          • 92. Windows 7 and SolidWorks 2009
            Stefan Wozniak
            I have SWX 2009 instaled on Win7 x32 and I haven't any problems. SWX starts faster than on WinXP.
            • 93. Windows 7 and SolidWorks 2009
              Got SWX 2009 SP4 installed on my Dell Precision 690 with Win 7 RC7100 and going to upgrade it to the FirePro V5700. Everything works pretty good on the system with the exception of the Drawings. It seems to lock up when I try to print. Any Ideas????
              • 94. Windows 7 and SolidWorks 2009
                Paul McGarr
                I would be highly suspect of the print driver, if that's not too obvious of a response. Do you have different printers you can try? What printer in specifc are you having trouble with? What driver version are you using? 32bit or 64 bit? What lock up on you? Solidworks? The whole system? The printer?
                • 95. Windows 7 and SolidWorks 2009

Paul McGarr wrote:

I would be highly suspect of the print driver, if that's not too obvious of a response. Do you have different printers you can try? What printer in specifc are you having trouble with? What driver version are you using? 32bit or 64 bit? What lock up on you? Solidworks? The whole system? The printer?

Sorry bout that, I'm usually better at giving info than that... Long day.
                  I have tried it on 5 different printers (3 canons and 2 HP) and the drivers are all 64 bit and with the exception of the Canon drivers (UFRII V2.6 x64) they're all Win 7 standard drivers.

Solidworks is doing the locking up, the machine is working near perfect. Solidworks opens like a dream. I think I have a 1 and a half minute opening sequence opposed to a 10+ when it was on XP x64

Lil bit more about my system:
                  Dell Precision 690
                  Win 7 RC 7100
                  Xeon 2.00
                  12GB RAM
                  ATI FireGL V7200
                  Boot Drive: ATA HDS725050KLA360 SCSI Disk Device
                  Data Drive: ATA WDC WD6400AAKS-6 SCSI Disk Device
                  • 96. Windows 7 and SolidWorks 2009
                    Paul McGarr
                    No problem. That's whay I asked.

I was hoping you were running 32 bit, as that is what I am running now. I am not sure I can be of much help to you because I can't test anything that you are doing on my system.

I have installed Vista print drivers for all of my printers and haven't had any problems. I print to a HP DesignJet 1050c plotter, a Canon Image Runner 330s and a HP LaserJet 1600. For each of these, I used Vista drivers from the manufacturers website. I haven't heard about any print problems in general with Windows 7 until your post.

Try forcing Vista drivers for your printers. Often, the generic drivers supplied by microsoft are lacking. I wouldn't expect a crash though...might be deeper than I hope.

Good luck.

Anybody out there with 64bit Win7RC and NO printer problems?

Paul
                    • 97. Windows 7 and SolidWorks 2009
                      And here's the big kicker to this whole thing....
                      Parts, assemblies, etc print out perfectly and without a hitch. Its just when you want to print out a blueprint kind of drawing (forgive me, I'm just an admin for this box, not a SW veteran like y'all) is when it locks up and goes crazy.

• 98. Windows 7 and SolidWorks 2009
                        Paul McGarr
                        That is a giant clue for someone that knows a bit about how Solidworks handles sending data to a printer. I think anyway. A big difference between a part and a drawing is that a part is probably a raster type file, while a drawing is a vector file. The two types couldn't be more different.

This might help you narrow it down. Also, wait to see if anybody has been successful with one of your printers and a 64 bit version of Win7RC.

Good luck.

Paul
                        • 99. Windows 7 and SolidWorks 2009
                          Christopher Mueller
                          Nick,
                          What about printing from other applications? Does it work? Something you may try is printing to a PDF writer (I use PDF redirect, which has a free version without ads), and then printing to your printers. This might be a workaround (depending on how much you need to print) that you could live with until Win 7 gets released supported, probably in a few months .
                          • 100. Windows 7 and SolidWorks 2009
                            Fredrik Johansson
                            Have running W7 Ultimate 64-Bit for one week now. Working good (only office 2007 problem). But today is SW stop working all the time, Same problem that I have with Office. Start SW try to open file. SW stop working. Restart computer and it working better. Now I can work with a file and save. But when I exit SW the SW window pops up that SW has stop working would you like to recreate problem with RX. Fine for me. I can work with assembly.

But too other small problem that I found.

I cannot open PDF-document from My vault by right click on the drawing in the vault and chose "View Document as PDF". Can someone test this?

And SW icons (red cube with white SW) in left bottom. When you start SW by click on this icon there will come a new SW icon. But all other program just lights up the icon instead.
                            • 101. Re: Windows 7 and SolidWorks 2009
                              Tim R

Windows 7 and Soldworks 2009 here.. Printing works fine.  Scanning with HPs drivers doesn't work for me.

-Tim

• 102. Re: Windows 7 and SolidWorks 2009
                                Lee Carter

(I'm sure this is a repeat post, but....)

Has there been any word on when SW expects to support Windows 7?

• 103. Re: Windows 7 and SolidWorks 2009
                                  Brian Long
                                  What build number is everyone using?
                                  • 104. Re: Windows 7 and SolidWorks 2009
                                    Anna Wood

There is a post about this on Mike Puckett's blog.  Mike is a SolidWorks employee.

http://www.mikescadblog.com/2009/07/solidworks-2010-windows-7-support.html

Cheers,

Anna

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next