3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2017 7:35 AM by Steven Harrington

Rotation assembly components about reference geometry

Steven Harrington

Hi, all. SolidWorks newbie here. I am an American master's student studying in China.

I'm working on the design for a storage ring in my lab, and I'm having a bit of trouble with rotating components in an assembly.The idea is to have a box and, in each corner of the box, there should be a curved electrode. What I'm trying to do is ensure that a reference axis running from one corner of the interior of the box to the opposite corner bisects the electrode geometry. Here are a few pictures to help explain myself:

First, an isometric, cut view of the assembly thus far (there will be four of these curved components).

bender.png

And then a top down view:

bender top-down.png

They're hard to see, but I have two reference axes running diagonally across the bottom of the box, from the top left to the bottom right, and from the bottom left to the top right. The angles of these electrodes have to be exact, and I want to make absolutely sure that they are bisected by the diagonals. I have attempted to rotate about multiple different axis combinations and even tried using a reference coordinate system, but I'm not adept with SolidWorks to figure out what I'm doing wrong. It seems like it should be relatively simple, but a solution has thus far eluded me. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.