AnsweredAssumed Answered

SolidWorks 2012 issue with compatability on Windows 10

Question asked by Eric Blankinship on Feb 14, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 17, 2017 by Eric Blankinship

Hello All,

So at my office we run SolidWorks 2012 with mostly Windows 7 OS Computers.  But we have one user who is running it on Windows 10 and was having no issue until recently (Yes I know that it's not 100% compatible).  Recently we copied the default settings to his computer so he could access all of the company templates and other such documents.  Ever since copying the settings his SolidWorks moves at a snails pace as it causes even the simplest models to take forever to visualize and render changes/View rotation ect.  I have tried reducing the image quality and performance settings to try and minimize demand on the computer but to no avail.  These default settings don't seem to cause any issue on any of our Windows 7 computers so I am wanting to know if there are any settings in particular that cause issue on Windows 10 OS.  I can easily make a custom settings for Windows 10 computers in the future that may just have 1 or 2 less than desirable settings as long as the bulk of the settings are able to be kept intact.

~Eric

Outcomes