2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2017 3:22 PM by Brian Hillner

Can Boost utilise gpu power from both the computer with visualize and additional computer simultaneously?

Tango Charlie

I would like to know if Visualise Boost utilises GPU power from both the computer with Visualize and additional computer simultaneously? I have seen boost work utilising external computer but not both computer running visualise and external computer simultaneously. Can it do this? If so, what are the settings to allow for this?

thanks.

• Re: Can Boost utilise gpu power from both the computer with visualize and additional computer simultaneously?
          Scott Ellery

Hi Tango ,

I believe when using Powerboost you are using both but not sure on the actual rendering, Brian Hillner might be able to clarify on this.

I believe the biggest gain from boost is being able to render from the cluster while still using your workstation, I Suppose boost could be installed on the visualize computer as well and added to the cluster to also utilize those resources but it would require another license.

of course that would need to be tested as I am not even sure if it is possible or a good idea

• Re: Can Boost utilise gpu power from both the computer with visualize and additional computer simultaneously?
              Brian Hillner

Hi Tango,

Scott's response is correct. Visualize Boost and PowerBoost rely on hardware not on your local Visualize Pro machine.

Wherever Visualize Boost is installed, then both Boost & PowerBoost use the hardware within those machine(s). In order to use the hardware within your Visualize Pro machine, you would then need to install another Visualize Boost license there as well. However this is not receommended, since it does involve another license and both Boost & PowerBoost are designed to free up the resources of your local Visualize Pro machine. More specifically, Visualize Boost & PowerBoost are designed to keep the hardware on the local Visualize Pro machine minimal, and then but all the GPU hardware budget towards another machine where Visualize Boost would then be installed.