6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2017 9:43 AM by Bill Toft

Multiple Sheets with one drawing

Damian Kilmartin

So apparently I'm having a bonehead moment but can anyone help with my issue.  I have a piece of equipment to create drawings for and I would like this to be in on file with multiple drawing sheets.  When I open the second sheet it brings up the generic drawing sheets and I cant seem to bring in our template sheets.  Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Damian

• Re: Multiple Sheets with one drawing
          Glenn Schroeder

When you right-click on a blank part of the sheet, or on the tab, and choose "Properties", you should get a dialog box where you can select from your saved sheet formats, assuming you're pointed to the correct location at Tools > Options > System Options > File Locations > sheet formats.

In addition, when you add a new sheet, it should use the same sheet format as the active sheet, unless you have this option selected:

Does this answer your question?

Damian Kilmartin

A little.  I checked for where SW looks for my templates and it should direct me to our server where they are stored but that's not the case.  It wants to default to the SW folder even though I have the server folder first on the list.  As far as the sheet dialogue box in options that is not checked.

Maybe I'm still not getting the right path...

Glenn Schroeder

If you aren't able to select the correct sheet format when adding a sheet, then you need to check your file location for sheet formats, as I indicated above, not the one for document templates.  Delete whatever is there, then browse to and select your location.  Document Templates is for starting completely new Drawings, Parts, or Assemblies, not adding sheets to an existing Drawing.

Bill Toft

1. Do you have System Options > Default Templates set up? Be sure to select "prompt user to select document template"

2. In your blank drawing, right click on Sheet1 tab and select Sheet Properties. Be sure to check "Display sheet format".

Be sure to NOT check "use custom properties" from sheet1" or title blocks on all sheets will be the same as sheet1. Bad if you have different parts on those other sheets!

3. Note that you can create a blank drawing with several sheets and save it as a new template. (Saves adding sheets one at a time to your drawing.)