1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 10, 2017 2:03 PM by Ville Makinen

PDM preview window doesn't load

Henry Gibson

I am having an issue with the preview window in PDM, if I right click on a part and select preview window the screen flickers for a second as if trying to load it and then nothing appears. However if I then go back in to PDM and right click a part the preview window option isn't on the list suggesting that it is somewhere else. I've tried changing screen resolution to see if it is off the screen, and if I hold the mouse over the solidworks icon on my taskbar the little window that comes up does not show the preview window which suggests that it isn't actually open. There are 5 other people connected to the same PDM as me and none of them have any trouble with it, could there be an issue with my settings?

• Re: PDM preview window doesn't load
          Ville Makinen

Hey Henry Gibson

PDM-preview window is using eDrawings to show you the 3D-model. There is most likely something wrong with your eDrawings install or perhaps with the display drivers etc.

Try to reinstall eDrawings to fix your problems, you can download eDrawings separately here; eDrawings Download Check | SOLIDWORKS 

If you can't install it separately you might need to repair or reinstall your whole SolidWorks / PDM installation.

You can check for latest display drivers by running SolidWorks RX-software which should be installed if you have solidworks at your computer. Diagnostics tab contains info about your display driver and link if there is a newer certified driver available.