Despite this particular issue, I wouldn't recommend doing a BOM of an assembly that is not fully resolved.
Fine. But why is this suddenly a problem? Rather than putting this on me, why don't we find out what changed? It's galling when software is changed for the worse and it's treated like it's the users' fault.
Greg is correct and makes a Great point.
SolidWorks has been degrading with each release. We accept it because it's only one more small inconvenience to our personal workflow. We are very good at developing a work around and then sharing that work around. Problem solved.
Until you look back and evaluate just how many ways our workflow has changed over the years and then realize we are the frogs and Dassault is boiling us.
This years Top Two of the Top Ten should be a wake-up siren clanging loudly in Dassault's ears. Is it?
Speaking of which, are the top 10 listed somewhere? You prompted me to look and see what made the top and the section where we voted is locked.
If I recall correctly, one was a request to stop the new features and fix what is already there. Created by someone from SW, at least someone is on our side up there.
I'd like to see the list, too.
I stole (copied & pasted) this from Jeff Mowry (Thank you Jeff) from this thread...
SWW 2017 Top 10:
- Focus more on fixing bugs, 212, Matthew Lorono, 18576 Views
- Substantially increase stability in SOLIDWORKS, 150, Matthew Lorono, 480 Views
- Allow Zero Thickeness Geometry (ZTG), 81,Chris Clouser, 414 Views
- Improve the performance and quality when importing large IGES and STEP files, especially when there are tiny surfaces in the model, 80, Shaodun Lin, 1644 Views
- Completely release memory / GDI handle when file is unloaded, 77, Shaodun Lin, 501 Views
- Export BOM with Model Thumbnail included in Excel file, 69, Shaodun Lin, 1935 Views
- External Reference graphical display (like Treehouse), 62, John Matrishon, 225 Views
- Automatic Fastener BOM Creation without physically insert the fasteners into the assembly, 59, Shaodun Lin, 2626 Views
- Bounding Box Values for any parts and assemblies, Ferenc Gergo, 480 Views
- Fully integrated Sub-D modeling tool, 55, Shaodun Lin, 2178 Views
- Search engine in Material Library, Toolbox and Engineering Database, 48, Csaba Hetyei, 221 Views
- Reuse centerlines without Convert, 48, Ferenc Gergo, 162 Views
- please enhance healing for imported models > please add CADFIX to SWX, 45, Ulrich Hanisch, 137 Views
- Undo/Redo - Un-Limited/Un-Restricted, 45, Rick Becker, 742 Views
- It should be possible to unfold a bent tube like a sheet metal part, 41, Manuel Michel, 137 Views
- PDM : : I, O, Q, S, X, and Z should be excluded in Revision letter, 39, Jiun Chen, 987 Views
- PDM card editor: Undo button, 38, Craig Schultz, 110 Views
- please add system option to display breadcrumbs directly at the mouse without pressing D key, 38, Ulrich Hanisch, 146 Views
- SolidNetWork License Manager: license usage statistics, 33, Deepak Gupta, 174 Views
- [---Missing Second Page Here---]
- Version / Revision Cleanup and remapping tool for SWPDM, 21, Shaodun Lin, 2840 Views
- Improve performance and robustness of Direct Editing Tool, 21, Shaodun Lin, 736 Views
- The "What's Wrong" dialog box Should have Links to Each Specific Problem, 21, Rick Becker, 164 Views
- Ability to use end points of sketch lines for Hole Wizard holes, 21, Ferenc Gergo, 112 Views
- Paint and other coatings, 20, Chriss Saller, 87 Views
- Solidworks Error Report - Feedback, 20, Andreas Rhomberg, 159 Views
- Make cutlist information available to the BOM without API wizardry, 20, Jim Steinmeyer, 108 Views
- please make import diagnostic available also if model file was saved after first diagnostic, 20, Ulrich Hanisch, 38 Views
- Ability to copy Control Logic when editing data card, 20, Zoltan Svebis, 62 Views
- Roll Back Bar and Freeze Bar grip size, Daen Hendrickson, 61 Views
- Make the Top Ten Lists Still Available After SWW, 20, Dennis Dohogne, 84 Views
- SOLIDWORKS for Mac, 19, Ferenc Gergo, 121 Views
- Give the Relations Pop-up in Drawings, 19, Glenn Schroeder, 69 Views
- Ability to use a flexible unit system and converter in Simulation like in Flow Simulation, 19, Csaba Hetyei, 44 Views
- Allow backward compatibility between service packs of the same major version in Flow Simulation, 19, Julien Boissat, 35 Views
- Import files from Tekla Structure BIM software, 19, Dennis Dohogne, 96 Views
- Option to Paste Images Directly into a reply, 19, Deepak Gupta, 728 Views
- New SOLIDWORKS sheet metal tab and slot feature, 18, Julien Debes, 107 Views