7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2017 2:17 PM by David Nelson

Anybody have an issue with similar parts being replaced in assemblies after assembly is checked out?

Michael Hollfelder

I'm having issues with a conveyor assembly I'm working on. I have the assembly worked out well before its checked it (with no errors or mate issues) and then this morning after I checked it out my assembly was lit up like a Christmas tree. Somehow an assembly that was already completed months ago had one of the side frames replaced with one of the new side frames I am currently working on. Solidworks somehow replaced this part; I had nothing to do with it. What's even weirder is that this same thing happened on my new conveyor side frame. I have 4 different side frames in this assembly but after I checked it out again my 4 side frames were only 2 unique parts.

This isn't the first time this has happened to me. It is incredibly frustrating to see your assembly that you had designed all worked out and then to be riddled with errors after checking it in and back out again. The new parts I am working on were copy treed over from older parts so maybe that has something to do it.

I checked this assembly in this morning so my coworker could take ownership of the master assembly. After he checked this master assembly back out is when I had problems after taking ownership of my new sub assembly I'm working on. I'm now trying to go back to older versions of the assemblies which is a nightmare.

Anybody else experience this??