Mark Biasotti

New Session at SOLIDWORKS World

Discussion created by Mark Biasotti on Jan 30, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 31, 2017 by John Matrishon

Since many of you have already created your agenda for SOLIDWORKS World,  I want to make you aware of a  new session has been added, this past week,   on Monday at 4:30 p.m. in Room 152 titled: "Master Model Best Practices". I'm looking forward to giving this presentation since I've never presented the subject in-depth. This breakout session compliments Daniel Hertberg's presentation on Wednesday who will be talking more of how to use the MM technique and the mechanics of it. I will be focusing on the what, why, how and nuances of it  and best practices surrounding this sometimes controversial subject.

Master Model Best Practices

Session Description: The Master Model Technique is an essential methodology especially in product design but it is often misunderstood and more often misused. I would like to share with you how I have successfully used it with clients that I designed products for and how to communicate a clear path as to why, how and when to use this technique in your designs.

Session Attendee Benefits: Attendees will benefit by learning best practices for using this powerful technique but also understand how to successfully use it and take away best practices to defend its use - and when not to use it. By better understanding it, designers will be able to create more robust and efficient data structures for their SOLIDWORKS parts and assemblies.

Outcomes