Open question to all the CAD Admins on the forum:
What are you testing for before you give the okay to do a major version upgrade your SW deployments?
(I'm presuming that as CAD admin, you've downloaded and installed a local instance of the new version for testing.)
Most of the big concerns for me are:
- Not really a "test" issue, but re-saving all templates to upgraded version, and have them ready to overwrite (or point to a new folder in system settings) when the switch happens.
- Make sure that all macros still function in the new edition.
- See if there are any performance issues with any of your key workflow steps (an example in my case: see if Pack and Go takes longer on our file sets)
- Export updated settings via .sldreg file and be prepared to distribute when you switch over.
- ... and this is where I start running out of things to do.