Zodiac is the leading provider of premium, innovative pool and spa products and is committed to designing and producing the most energy efficient, earth-friendly pool products and systems available. We strive to create the perfect pool experience and designs and produces the equipment that makes the pool work.
Zodiac is going through a major strategy shift with a focus on Smart Pool Products, from physical pool equipment to connected, smart equipment, we are simplifying pool ownership for our customers and enabling our service technician partners.
We currently have a full time opening for a Senior Mechanical Designer / Drafter in our Vista, California headquarters.
The ideal candidate will be a Mechanical Designer/Drafter with strong drafting skills utilizing SolidWorks. Most of the project work will be on new products with a smaller amount focused on updating and modifying existing products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creation of 2D drawings from 3D models or parts in SolidWorks using common drafting standards.
- Update and modify 2D drawings based on changes required by engineering team.
- Properly maintain drawing system integrity in product data management system.
- Work well independently to complete groups of drawing projects with good documentation and organization.
- Coordinate/collaborate with engineers to create new and/or modify existing technical drawings that communicate engineering ideas, designs, and information in support of engineering functions.
- Must be able to generate complex surfaces, detail and assembly drawings in SolidWorks.
- Capable of making and checking detail and layout drawings.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 6 years working design / drafting experience with consumer based products, with respect to plastic injection molded components and sheet metal design.
- Experience with drafting standards including ANSI Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Mechanical design and drafting experience with SolidWorks.
If you meet the requirements above and would like to apply for this position, please visit http://www.zodiac.com/en/united-states/company/careers
Zodiac Pools is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and dedicated to a diverse work force. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.