1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 26, 2017 8:53 AM by Marcus Merideth

Non Linear Simulation data/file corruption

Marcus Merideth

Is anybody else having issues with data corruption or file corruption?  Working with a rubber component trying to get the model to run. I have run numerous simulations on the same model.  After some number of runs, the model starts developing contact and surface issues.  All the components are native to Solidworks (redrew them from CATIA data).  If I pack and go the model without simulation data and change the names, it works again for awhile and then starts freaking out again.  Trying to run numerous simulation with the batch option seems to make it happen faster.  The batch files always fail with some odd error.

Wondering if I have a computer issue or a software issue.

Thanks!

attached is a screen shot of the latest failure.  Model had run for over 1 sec of the 2 sec run time previously but failed in 36 seconds of run time with no results when trying to do two models in batch run.

• Re: Non Linear Simulation data/file corruption
          Marcus Merideth

So ran the model this morning making the part with the suspect part deform able instead of rigid (used high strength steel as material which is effectively rigid compared to rubber).  Model ran over 1 sec of 2 sec time and had errors "Improper contact surfaces for contact error"  which means nothing to anybody.   I have found that swapping back and forth from rigid to flexible seems to clean out the data corruption.

Thanks!