AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to suppress holes if a part is over a certian weight

Question asked by Tony Thompson on Jan 26, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 27, 2017 by Deepak Gupta

I am trying to figure out a way to either suppress or unsuppress a tapped hole based on a parts Mass.

I can do this by using a design table but I really don't need or want to use a design table on these parts which only have 4 or 5 variables.

My goal is to be able to have tapped holes, which are used for lifting the tools onto the machines, on parts that weight over a specific weight that would be too heavy to lift manually and when the parts are smaller and lighter they do not require lifting holes so I would like them to be suppressed if the part is over a specific weight.

I looked at trying to create an equation that had an IF statement in it but there is no way to tie this to the state of the hole I can only control dimensions so I was wondering has anyone else tried this or does anyone know of how I might be able to do this without having to use a design table because these parts are pretty simple and the design tables take longer to update the parts then using equations. Some of these parts may have 3 or 4 configurations with specific features for the machines mounting and adjustment suppressed or unsuppressed so I would want the lifting holes to be evaluated in each configuration.

Thanks

Tony

Outcomes