2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2017 6:45 PM by Eric Smith

Workgroup PDM: how to link a comment to the rev? 

Eric Smith

For example "1st hardware build version", or "Changed from f8 to f16 lens".  I know there are other ways to do this, but a rev comment seems the most useful.  I check the model into the vault most days, so there are many PDM revisions, but most do not represent a significant milestone.  Being able to comment select revisions would be helpful when I need to go back and find a specific version.

Using a regular property field would work, but is not ideal.  It would either be a waste of time to change the field on non-milestone revisions, or the comments would be incorrect on most revisions.

I tried using the "Note" field, but that did not work.  I selected the note field, typed the note into the box at the top, clicked apply, and the note appears in green in the note field, then I check the file into the vault.  However, when I check the same file back out of the vault, the note field is blank.  This seems to be the function I am looking for, but perhaps I am doing something wrong.

Thank you.