4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2017 2:47 PM by John Koos

SOLIDWORKS 2016 SP3 DUEL DIMS ON THREADED HOLE

John Koos

I'm trying to dimension threaded holes on the drawing. I have duel dimension on in "tools options". All of a sudden I don't get the option to turn off duel dimension on a threaded hole!

• Re: SOLIDWORKS 2016 SP3 DUEL DIMS ON THREADED HOLE
          David Nelson

I am on SP4 and everything works fine  for me.

When you have it selected does it give you the dual Dim or not.

Tony Cantrell

I don't think you can dual dimension threaded holes, because they are different thread cuts and don't match up, use one or the other.

David Nelson

Try it you can, did it just to see.  But is only adds it to the dia. of the hole.

John Koos

I need the dwg to show duel dim's so I have it selected in tools/options rather than doing each one individually. I work for a company that does military work also, so who knows what affect "IT" has on the system. I've had the problem of duel dim's on threaded holes since SW2009 here. I've been here 7 years and on SW since 2003 so I really get PO'd from statements by people not named Dave.

We dimension the holes, on ring like parts, from the top view. Since I've been here I always get a diameter for the threaded holes and have to delete the diameter symbol. When dual dim's is on I have to "uncheck" duel dim's at the left of the screen. No biggy, I keep moving on. Yesterday, for whatever reason, only this one drawing I was working on had half of the information missing in the property manager. I could not turn off duel dimension because this part of the property manager was missing. weird, and of course they wanted a days work done in half a day. so I could not correctly dimension the hole. Now I don't know what I did to get it so oh well.

intelligent statements I here:

did you clear your cash (KMA)

did you reboot (how many times in a day is enough GFY)

I don't think you can duel dimension threaded holes! (NSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) WINNER!WINNER!CHICKEN DINNER!