1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 23, 2017 7:15 AM by Deepak Gupta

Sheet Format Changing for drawings in a folder (Bulk sheet format change)

Prasanna Ashok

Dear All,

I have checked many macros in the forum, but either i get error or not working.

Below is my requirement:

I have 300 drawings (250 part drawings and 50 assembly) in a folder. Now the drawings are created in Vendor sheetformat. I need to change the drawing sheetformat.

Equivalent ones:

Vendor         To be changed

A4                   A3

A3                   A3

A2                   A2

A1                   A1

A0                   A0

Note: (We dont use A4 sheetformat)

So is there any macro, which will read the existing drawing sheet format size and replace with our sheet format accordingly?

One more concern is, there are drawings with 2 or more sheets. In this case 1st sheet has one sheetformat and rest of the sheets have another sheetformat. Can the macro be embedded with this feature too?

I do not want to open individual drawing and do this. My requirement is to change sheetformat of all the drawings in a particular folder.

I'm using Solidworks 2016

Drawing available path: C:\Users\1003911\Desktop\CAD

Sheetformat avilable path: D:\Template\Macros & Blocks

Sheetformat name:

a0paper.slddrt        (Sheet 1)

a0paper2.slddrt     (If drawings has more than 1 sheet, then use this for 2nd sheet,3rd sheet and so on)

a1paper.slddrt       (Sheet 1)

a1paper2.slddrt     (If drawings has more than 1 sheet, then use this for 2nd sheet,3rd sheet and so on)

a2paper.slddrt       (Sheet 1)

a2paper2.slddrt     (If drawings has more than 1 sheet, then use this for 2nd sheet,3rd sheet and so on)

a3paper.slddrt       (Sheet 1)

a3paper2.slddrt     (If drawings has more than 1 sheet, then use this for 2nd sheet,3rd sheet and so on)

Can someone help me on this with a macro?

Looking for some suggestions.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Prasanna.A