2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2017 8:35 AM by Matthew Hilton

thermal analysis

Ory Klonsky

hi guys, i am trying to make a thermal analysis for my solid works object.

basically i have a pot and i am trying to do the temperature analysis in the, once when there is no lead, and once with the lead on, to see the difference.

i encountered a few problems while trying to do the analysis:

1. the simulation told me i have interference but its just my assembly parts and i cant make the simulation ignore it.

2. it makes me define all the parts the as the same material but the bottom is made of aluminum alloy on the body of the pot is made of stainless still and i would like to keep that way.

basically the mash dose not work and it says its because of the interferences but i cant make it work..

thx in advance guys

• Re: thermal analysis
          James Riddell

In my experience you will need to re-model the parts such that there is zero interference.  You can't occupy the same area with two meshes.

• Re: thermal analysis
              Matthew Hilton

Ory,

I would remodel as James proposed. To make things easier, split your pot up into respective parts and create an assembly instead of one part with different solid parts, doing this will allow your separate materials. Without your files to show us how everything is modeled and set up, it is difficult to pin point the exact cause of your mesh issue, but my experience is the same as James'.

-M