I have the same problem
The license key must be inserted exactly as in the mail they sent to you. All the characters in bold typeface, included company name, columns, comma and '-' character in one single string.
Don't try to eliminate '-' chars or any part that you believe not necessary.
I think that we have to update the key for the new versions of solidworks..
Technically Reviewed Date:
Question:What is the process for obtaining a license key for SOLIDWORKS Document Manager starting with SOLIDWORKS 2015 Beta?
Answer:Starting with SOLIDWORKS 2015 Beta, partners and active subscription users that need a license key for the SOLIDWORKS Document Manager will need to update the key each year in order to read the most current version of SOLIDWORKS files. Once obtained a key will continue to work unchanged for older versions of SOLIDWORKS files. In addition the key will control certain portions of Document Manager functionality, so partners should only request a key for the portions they plan to use. The process to obtain a key has not changed. As before, partners will need to log into the Customer Portal, go to the API Support area, and use the automated system to request a key.
Starting with Document Manager 2015, you have to request a new license to support the newer SolidWorks version documents. So if you want to call GetDocument on SolidWorks 2017 documents, you need to request a new license for 2017. The license you have will only work through SolidWorks 2014 documents.
Here is the online developer's license key request process:
This topic provides information to help you get started with using the SOLIDWORKS Document Manager API.
The SOLIDWORKS Document Manager API requires a license key that is only available via the SOLIDWORKS customer portal to SOLIDWORKS customers who are currently under subscription. Each user of SOLIDWORKS Document Manager API must have a license key.Existing users must request new SOLIDWORKS Document Manager API license keys beginning with SOLIDWORKS Document Manager API 2015 FCS and renew their SOLIDWORKS Document Manager API license keys when installing any new major release of SOLIDWORKS or the SOLIDWORKS Document Manager API.SOLIDWORKS Document Manager API checks the version of the file being accessed. If the file was created using the same or an earlier version of SOLIDWORKS than the version of SOLIDWORKS Document Manager API license key, then SOLIDWORKS Document Manager API can access the file. However, if the file was created using a later version of SOLIDWORKS than the version of the SOLIDWORKS Document Manager API license key, then SOLIDWORKS Document Manager API cannot access the file and a message is displayed informing the user that the current SOLIDWORKS Document Manager API license key is expired. For example:
Version in which SOLIDWORKS file created Version of SOLIDWORKS Document Manager API license key File Access Result 2014 or earlier 2014 or earlier Success 2015 or later 2014 or earlier Failure 2015 or earlier 2015 or later Success
When requesting or renewing a SOLIDWORKS Document Manager API license key, you are presented with a dialog containing a list of check boxes showing the categories of functionality that a SOLIDWORKS Document Manager API license key controls. You can select more than one category.
- Basic: All interfaces, methods, and properties except for those listed below
- Previews: Preview and stream methods and properties on all ISwDMConfiguration, ISwDMDocument, and ISwDMSheet interfaces
- DimXpert: DimXpert methods and properties on all ISwDMConfiguration and all DimXpert-related interfaces
- Geometry Streams: Preview, stream, and imported body methods and properties on all ISwDMConfiguration interfaces
- XML Streams: XML stream methods on all ISwDMDocument interfaces
- Tesselation: Display List DLL (previously called the Display List Sample); although not a component of the SOLIDWORKS Document Manager API, its license key controls access to the Display List DLL
To request a SOLIDWORKS Document Manager API license key:
- Log into the SOLIDWORKS customer portal.
- Click API Support in My Support.
- Click Document Manager key request in step 4.
- Follow the online instructions to request your license key.