3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2018 7:39 AM by Brendan Mead

script error when trying to open simulation tutorial parts

Niall Prendergast

I have been following the solidworks tutorials but they have stopped working. When I try to open the link to the prepared part for simulation I get a script error. Any tips?

• Re: script error when trying to open simulation tutorial parts
          Fayyaz Rehman

I am experiencing the same problem. It was working fine but now when I click prepared parts for simulation in the tutorial, it gives me error message. Any help is highly appreciated?

Adam Hartles

Niall, there are various suggestions in the knowledge base if you can search this in the Customer Portal- mostly refer to setting Internet Explorer as the default browser etc. But you can also use the tutorials by opening the swtutorial.chm file- it is within your install location (so for me is C:\Program Files\SOLIDWORKS 2017\SOLIDWORKS\lang\english). Do you get the error when browsing through this document? Can you screen grab the exact error as this could be important to provide the best solution from the knowledge base.

Here are a couple of other suggestions too:

What can I do to avoid a script error message similar to ‘An error has occurred in the script on this page’ when I click on a SOLIDWORKS® tutorial link?

1.     Load the add-in related to the tutorial, then try again. For example if you try to access a SOLIDWORKS® Simulation tutorial, but you did not load the Simulation add-in, you may see this error.

2.     Check your browser settings and policies. If possible, contact your IT department to identify anything that could block tutorial scripts, including Windows user account permissions. You may wish to reset your browser settings to defaults as a last resort.

3.     Open the file referenced in the URL portion of the message directly from Windows® Explorer. For example, ‘C:\Program Files\SOLIDWORKS Corp\SOLIDWORKS\lang\english\OTIntroToSW.chm’. If this fails, you can right-click on the file in Windows Explorer > ‘Open With’ and try other programs.

Adam

Brendan Mead

2.Check your browser settings and policies. If possible, contact your IT department to identify anything that could block tutorial scripts, including Windows user account permissions. You may wish to reset your browser settings to defaults as a last resort.

This was a problem we ran into in a lab environment. The Solidworks chm file references a swscript.vbs file embedded inside the chm file. The chm file is rendered by IE 11, which doesn't smile on vbs scripts being called by webpages. We had to add the Solidworks help folder to trusted sites.