1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 30, 2017 6:09 AM by Jessica Gaspar

Rename files in PDM vault to lowercase

Quinton Stevenson

Could anyone help me find a way to rename files in the PDM vault to lowercase using PDM API or Dispatch? I have no experience coding, so I would like to use Dispatch, unless one of you are willing to spoon feed me on using PDM API. I am familiar with creating a .bat file or cmd prompt to rename files to lowercase in any other Windows filing directory, but these do not seem to work with files that are part of the PDM vault. I would like to be able to rename on folder by folder basis (or on the whole vault at once) rather than one file at a time (I need to be able to multi select files and run whatever solution I come up with). Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can give me!

• Re: Rename files in PDM vault to lowercase
          Jessica Gaspar

Hi,

I have noticed recently that renaming by changing the case do not work in PDM.

For example, my file name is "toto.sldprt" I cannot rename it to "TOTO.sldprt". It goes back to "toto.sldprt".

There is a workaround: named it "toto-.sldprt" then "TOTO.sldprt" and it stays

It might be linked to options in collation of SQL, but i'm not familiar with it.

Try to integrate the workaround in your existing code (whether bat or cmd)

Hope it helped

Jessica