Follow up contact information:
We are seeking a mechanical engineer to lead product development and support for our Integrated Water Technology (IWT) products. The company will provide a challenging opportunity to apply experience, skill, and creativity to product manufacturing. Candidate will be involved with engineering, product design and manufacturing. In addition, research and development projects as directed, utilizing education, experience, and special training to bring assignments to a successful conclusion.
- Track engineering projects and metrics.
- Provide engineering support for assigned products lines, implementing improvements to better meet customer and company needs.
- Provide 3D & Auto CAD working drawings according to requirements and completed on schedule.
- Develop engineering and quality control tests and metrics for production reliability.
- Uses applicable industry specifications to develop product. Coordinate all activities with approval agencies for new or modified products, as well as the associated follow-up activities.
- Work with internal and external customers, such as manufacturing personnel, customer service, and the sales force to provide product support on problems related to products, processes, application, and installation of products.
- Communicate and engage those customers regarding design changes, manufacturing difficulties caused by product design, and cost reduction ideas requiring product alterations and/or manufacturing improvements.
- Generate Bill of Materials, Process Sheets, and Labor Routing information for assigned product lines.
- Keeps informed of the company’s product offerings within assigned area of involvement and support leadership for key manufacturing initiatives, including Kaizan events, standard work events, value stream map events, safety improvements, capital projects and labor efficiency improvements.
- Develop and maintain manuals, procedures, and practices required for ISO certification and maintain good working relationship with approved agencies such as UL, ULC, FM, NSF, and ISO.
- •Plan and design manufacturing processes and metrics to measure production and increase safety, quality, productivity, product flow and reliability through innovative solutions.
- Conceive, investigate, evaluate, and recommend new equipment and tooling.
- Develop new production techniques and assists with troubleshooting the manufacturing process.
- Develop and maintain simple, logic based software/databases for product line needs.
- Support Product Management/Engineering through development and clarification of customer needs relating to the product life-cycle such as Materials, BOM’s, Submittal Drawings, Configurations, New Product Development, Testing, Product Maintenance, etc.
- Identify, document and present cost savings ideas with justification and ROI calculations.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Strong working knowledge and experience in Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma tools.
- Outstanding PC/Systems knowledge and skills including 3D CAD software and PLM databases.
- Familiarity with JAVA/HTML programming and logic sequencing.
- Strong leadership, communications and interpersonal skills with ability to interact with all levels of employees, customers and outside professionals.
- Knowledge dealing with manufacturing situations, quality standards, product development, CAD/CAM, technical specifications and project management.
- Knowledge of electrical systems, PCB design and related software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar technical degree.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification and/or Micro-controller programming experience is desired.
- 2 to 5 years of product engineering and/or manufacturing environment experience. Direct experience in valves, controls, or similar applicable industrial products is desirable.