AnsweredAssumed Answered

errors that come back

Question asked by Joel Rapoport on Jan 17, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 18, 2017 by Paul Salvador

hello all,

this is driving me crazy..... its not the first time this has happened to me, but now that i have to send the SW file on to someone else to start the mechanics on it, i need to be able to send him a clean file, and i cant seem to get one.

the problem is that i have this model, pretty complicated built from surfaces, with 650 features, working on SW 2016 SP5- and what ever i do, when i save the file with no errors in it, then close and open it again, i get errors in it.

i even tried freezing most of the features, but still get one error. when i try to go to this feature to fix it, a lot more features show as errors.

and believe me- these are all features that i have fixed many times before, because i had to work on the model until i finished the design phase.

btw, these are not even very complicated features that get the errors- sometimes its a filled surface (that doesn't find the edges he need to fill), sometimes its a "move body" that suddenly cant find the body he used to move before.

im sorry but i cant send you guys the actual file because its a product in development.

do you guys have any idea?

did someone have the same problem and can tell me how he fixed it?

any help will be great,

thanks a lot,

joel

Outcomes