2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2008 8:32 AM by Tom Fetterolf

Hole wizard on cylinder

Tom Fetterolf
      When I try to create a drilled hole through a body of a bolt for example, I want to chamfer the near and far sides. When I use "to next" the feature stays in the tree but the hole isn't visible. When I use "through all", it tries to extend the termination of the hole to the outside diameter of the bolt head. The hole will be visible with the chamfer on the near side, but the far side chamfer is, of course, not there. Why does the preview for "to next" appear correctly, but the feature disappears when completed?
        • Hole wizard on cylinder
          Deepak Gupta
          Tom,

I checked that and its same on my machine. I created one tangent plane and then made a hole keeping the hole point on the plane and it worked.
            • Hole wizard on cylinder
              Tom Fetterolf
              Thanks for the reply, I will try that as well. I'd like to hear from SW why it previews correctly but disappears from view, even though it stays in the feature tree without error. It seems like a fairly simple operation, although, maybe I'm spoiled into thinking too much from it. Your method was in fact the way it's always been done right? Pardon me, I'm getting back into SW2008 from a 5-year break. I don't remember being able to select holes like this (using the cylindrical surface) back in 2003. But, thanks again!