1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 13, 2017 10:55 AM by Amen Allah Jlili

Popup with arrows to bring focus

Lindsen Cruz

I'm creating a macro to scan the notes in a view inside a drawing. Say I want the macro to bring to my attention all the notes with text containing some specific word.

I've found `ShowBubbleTooltipAt2` which almost does what I wanted except it takes in x,y position relative to the window and not the drawing.

So my questions are:

1. Is there a way to get a note's position that is not relative to the drawing but Solidwork's window instead?
      2. Or is there another way to show popup notes than can point to notes? Preferably something with a message and an arrow pointing to said note.

I know I can put in annotations to the drawing or change the note's TextFormat instead, but if possible, I want something that can't be saved into the drawing or is temporary.

• Re: Popup with arrows to bring focus
          Amen Allah Jlili

What do you mean by "to the drawing but Solidwork's window instead?"
          Notes positions are relative to the sheet origin.

In a drawing, the x, y, z origin is relative to the origin of the drawing sheet (the lower-left corner of the sheet).
          SolidWorks API Help

Regarding your second question, I'm not really sure if it's possible. A good alternative would be to apply a red colored layer to the annotations that match your search criteria.

Best,
          Amen
          CADHero.com