AnsweredAssumed Answered

Macro to adjust custom property or change sheet format

Question asked by Mike Childers on Jan 10, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 10, 2017 by Mike Childers

I'll try to explain the best I can what I need.  We're running SW 2014.  On our drawings, the customer wants us to print the drawings with the Drawing No = 'X'+Partnumber until design is approved.  Once it is approved they want the official drawing package with the Drawing No on the drawings = just the Partnumber, to remove the 'X' in front of the partnumber.  I am trying to figure out a way to do this mod via some type of batch mode for the hundreds of drawings.

I can think of two ways to do this.  I can have two sheet formats (4 actually, because sheets 2,3 ... will have a different sheet format).  On my sheet format, on the Drawing No block I can have "X" {} Partnumber, for the drawings that need the X.  Then when I want the X removed, I can just reload a different sheet format without the X.  However, I don't know how to batch process this, and multi sheet drawings might complicate this.

The other choice is to make a Custom Property called, say, DrawingNo, that I can make the same as part number or X+Partnumber.  Again, I wouldn't know how to automate removing that X when the time comes.  I know with the Task Scheduler I can bulk change a property to a fixed value for all, but I don't know how to MODIFY a property with task scheduler.

I hope I'm making sense.  Is there a way to do this without writing macros? 

Thanks!

Outcomes