6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2017 8:50 AM by Mertek Engineer

Custom Properties

Mertek Engineer

So I have an .exe program that a former co-worker wrote. This has worked for me since 2006 version. It has not quit working and I cannot figure out why! It is a program that when opened allowed me to put my information to fill out my custom properties in my parts. This was helpful since there are a few fields that are the same on a project to project basis.

Here are the properties it would fill out

This is the error I am getting now

This all worked until last week when I installed 2015 back on my system as a customer requested I use SW2015 to design a project in.

Any help will be appreciated.

• Re: Custom Properties
          JOHN GEORGE

Since this is an executable file, you need the original source code to fix the problem and compile to a new .exe file, I think

The easiest options are:

• Use the property tab builder with all these properties to add/modify
          • Create a simple user form macro and run within the part file, fill all information

There are lots of custom property macros available in this forum and you can modify to suit your requirement

Artem Taturevych

The COM ActiveX component used in the program is not registered on the computer. Most likely reason is x32/x64 incompatibility. So the program is intended to run in 32 bit environment while you are in 64 bit. Do you remember whether this software opened SOLIDWORKS to fill the properties or did it silently?

Rick McDonald

Mertek Engineer

Since you said:

This all worked until last week when I installed 2015 back on my system as a customer requested I use SW2015 to design a project in.

"...Back"  on your system:

Were you once running 2015 with this application and was this "TitleBlock 2006.exe" working with that?

What were you running before you installed 2015 Back on your system?

Do you have the source code so you could recompile for a 64 bit system (or could you get it)?

Deepak Gupta

As other have stated, you need to have source codes to debug the issue else you can use one of these tools:

1 SOLIDWORKS Task Scheduler (included with SOLIDWORKS, you can access it from Start Menu)

2 #TASK (free awesome tool with many capabilities)

3 Macro (there are many available on this forum but would have to be modified for your needs)

Mertek Engineer

I have an update. I uninstalled both 2015 and 2016 from my system. I re-installed 2016 back on and now it works fine again. I put 2015 on a separate workstation.