6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2017 4:13 PM by Ben Manders

Refresh Configuration Properties

Ben Manders

I am working on doing some work updating properties and am unable to determine a way to refresh the UI so that the changes I make display right away.  For the below example, I change the configuration name to "NumberABC" and the configuration description to "DescriptionABC".  The display for the number updates immediately however the description doesn't show until I cycle back and forth to the design tree tab.  I've tried using EnableGraphicsUpdate, GraphicsRedraw2, and ForceRebuildAll without noticing a change in behavior.  I also have a similar problem when updating the custom properties of the configuration.

Public Sub mainTest()

Dim sValOut As String

Dim sResolvedValOut As String

Set swApp = Application.SldWorks

Set swModel = swApp.ActiveDoc

Set swConfig = swModel.GetActiveConfiguration

Set swModelView = swModel.ActiveView

'swModelView.EnableGraphicsUpdate = False

'Configuration Properties

swConfig.Name = "NumberABC" 'Number

swConfig.Description = "DescriptionABC"

'swModelView.EnableGraphicsUpdate = True

'swModel.GraphicsRedraw2

'swModel.Rebuild (swForceRebuildAll)

End Sub

• Re: Refresh Configuration Properties
          Artem Taturevych

You can use the trick below to refresh the tree

swModel.ConfigurationManager.EnableConfigurationTree = False

swModel.ConfigurationManager.EnableConfigurationTree = True

Ben Manders

Works perfect - thanks Artem.

Any suggestions how to do the same thing programmatically with the "Custom Properties" palette?  I can manually click on "More Properties" to bring up "Summary Information" and then click "OK" to close it and it refreshes properly.

Ben Manders

I was able to get a majority of the properties to refresh by using swModel.ForceRebuild3 (False) however cannot get "Designed By", "Detailed By", and "Drawn Date" to refresh programmatically.

Public Sub main()

Set swModel = swApp.ActiveDoc

Set swCustomPrpMgr = swModel.Extension.CustomPropertyManager("")

Set swConfig = swModel.GetActiveConfiguration

Set swCustomPrpMgrConfig = swConfig.CustomPropertyManager

Set swModelView = swModel.ActiveView

'swModelView.EnableGraphicsUpdate = False

'File custom properties

swCustomPrpMgr.Add3 "Number", swCustomInfoText, "012345", swCustomPropertyReplaceValue  'Number

swCustomPrpMgr.Add3 "Description", swCustomInfoText, "descrip,one,text", swCustomPropertyReplaceValue  'Description1

swCustomPrpMgr.Add3 "Description2", swCustomInfoText, "descrip,two,other text", swCustomPropertyReplaceValue  'Description2  'Description2

swCustomPrpMgr.Add3 "Project", swCustomInfoText, "CASEPACKER BRM CONCEPTS", swCustomPropertyReplaceValue  'Project

swCustomPrpMgr.Add3 "Material", swCustomInfoText, "999999", swCustomPropertyReplaceValue  'Material **links to actual selection...

swCustomPrpMgr.Add3 "DrawnBy", swCustomInfoText, "B.Drawer", swCustomPropertyReplaceValue  'DrawnBy

swCustomPrpMgr.Add3 "DetailedBy", swCustomInfoText, "B.Detailer", swCustomPropertyReplaceValue  'DetailedBy

swCustomPrpMgr.Add3 "DrawnDate", swCustomInfoDate, "06/07/08", swCustomPropertyReplaceValue  'DrawnDate

'Config specific custom properties

swCustomPrpMgrConfig.Add3 "Description", swCustomInfoText, "descrip,one,textAB", swCustomPropertyReplaceValue   'Description1

swCustomPrpMgrConfig.Add3 "Description2", swCustomInfoText, "descrip,two,other textAB", swCustomPropertyReplaceValue  'Description2

swCustomPrpMgrConfig.Add3 "DrawnBy", swCustomInfoText, "B.DrawerAB", swCustomPropertyReplaceValue  'DrawnBy

swCustomPrpMgrConfig.Add3 "DetailedBy", swCustomInfoText, "B.DetailerAB", swCustomPropertyReplaceValue  'DetailedBy

swCustomPrpMgrConfig.Add3 "DrawnDate", swCustomInfoDate, "06/07/08", swCustomPropertyReplaceValue     'DrawnDate

swCustomPrpMgrConfig.Add3 "Thickness", swCustomInfoText, "0.99", swCustomPropertyReplaceValue 'Thickness

swCustomPrpMgrConfig.Add3 "Width", swCustomInfoText, "1.99", swCustomPropertyReplaceValue 'Width

swCustomPrpMgrConfig.Add3 "Diameter", swCustomInfoText, "2.99", swCustomPropertyReplaceValue 'Diameter

swCustomPrpMgrConfig.Add3 "Length", swCustomInfoText, "3.99", swCustomPropertyReplaceValue 'Length

swCustomPrpMgrConfig.Add3 "Material", swCustomInfoText, "AAAAAA", swCustomPropertyReplaceValue 'Material **links to actual selection...

swCustomPrpMgrConfig.Add3 "Matnumber", swCustomInfoText, "BBBBBB", swCustomPropertyReplaceValue 'MaterialCode

swCustomPrpMgrConfig.Add3 "RAWMATERIAL", swCustomInfoText, "CCCCCC", swCustomPropertyReplaceValue 'RawMaterial

'Configuration Properties

swConfig.Name = "Number" 'Number

swConfig.Description = "DescriptionABC"

'swModelView.EnableGraphicsUpdate = True

'swModel.GraphicsRedraw2

'swModel.Rebuild (swForceRebuildAll)

swModel.ConfigurationManager.EnableConfigurationTree = False

swModel.ConfigurationManager.EnableConfigurationTree = True

swModel.ForceRebuild3 (False)

End Sub

Elmar Klammer

Try to toggle the custom property tab...I think that will update your values

see code below

Sub main()
                      swApp.ActivateTaskPane swTaskPaneTab_e.swDesignLibrary

'Change properties

swApp.ActivateTaskPane swTaskPaneTab_e.swCustomProps

End Sub
                      'swClipBoard 4 = Clipboard tab
                      'swCustomProps 5 = Custom Properties tab
                      'swDesignLibrary 1 = Design Library tab
                      'swFileExplorer 2 = File Explorer tab
                      'swPnID 6 = P&ID tab
                      'swResources 3 = SOLIDWORKS Resources tab

'swApp.ActivateTaskPane swTaskPaneTab_e.swCustomProps

end sub

Ben Manders

Elmar - thanks, that works.  Is there a way to tell what the state of the Task Pane is before I cycle it so I can return it to it's original state afterwards?  If the user doesn't have the task pane selected when they run the macro, I'd like it to return to that state once the macro is done.

Ben Manders

I figured something out that will work.  It cycles the visibility on the whole side toolbar.  I could query the original state of the palettes and return it but I decided that returning it all closed is best for my situation.

wModelView.EnableGraphicsUpdate = False

swModel.SetToolbarVisibility swToolbar_e.swTaskPaneToolbar, False

'code

'code

swModel.SetToolbarVisibility swToolbar_e.swTaskPaneToolbar, True

swModelView.EnableGraphicsUpdate = True