Have you been customizing your toolbars or toolbars settings lately?
Message tells you there is an issue with the toolbar information. Most likely the registry got corrupted due to a crash or some other reason. Hopefully you used the copy settings wizard so you can restore your setup if you have made major changes to the toolbars.
r u using SW2016 sp5 ? Believe I have seen this error before and there is something to do with windows update - please double check!
Edit: I SW2015 sp5
His screen shot shows he is running SW2015. Does the Windows update affect that release too?
Sorry typo, I mean SW2015 sp5
Can you check if Windows update KB3027630 has been installed on your computer?
By the way, I guess your toolbars setup was wiped out if you hit ok and nothing harm to your computer
If you're familiar with registry, then try this to bring it back
1. Click 'Start', click 'Run', type "regedit" in the 'Open' box, and then click 'OK'.
2. Locate and click the following subkey in the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer
Note: If this subkey does not exist, create it.
3. In the 'Edi't menu, point to 'New', and then click 'DWORD Value'.
4. For the DWORD name, type "RemappedElevatedProxiesPolicy", and then press 'Enter'.
5. Right-click "RemappedElevatedProxiesPolicy", and then click 'Modify'.
6. In the 'Value' data box, type 1, and then click 'OK'.
7. Run a Repair of your SOLIDWORKS Installation
8. After the application installs successfully, reset the 'RemappedElevatedProxiesPolicy' DWORD value to "0"
I think it's a registry problem or how the registry is directed to the user settings?
... and I've see this come and go over the years depending on the version and sp update(s) and/or last version used.. for instance, I have 2012sp5, 2014sp5, 2015sp5, 2016sp5 and 2017sp1 installed.
I've had the above issues only with 2015/2016 sp's and their use (open/close).. and recently NO problems after the 2016sp5 update.
...after the 2017sp1 update... now, randomly, when I open and close "only" 2015sp5... 2016sp5 shows the error you show above... I have my saved settings for all the versions so, I run the Restore Settings for 2016sp5 and all is good. (arrrggghhh, such is life with SW in Windows)