10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2017 12:07 PM by Richard Cook

SolidWorks World 2017 - registration for non user guests.

Richard Cook

I guess this is just a complaint.  I have attended SolidWorks World for many years.

This year my wife asked if she could come along.

Ok,  so I look at pricing.  Exhibit hall only pass $250 (includes general sessions).

To attend the special event add $150.

So the registration site did not allow me to add the special event to exhibit hall only registration. 

Now that may be a temporary problem, with the site.. will will see.  At this point she is only registered for exhibit hall.

So now I"m told that the exhibit hall pass does not get you into the sunday welcome event in the exhibit hall.

I really have to wonder about that logic.   

Are they worried that she might consume $10.00 of food and drink while looking around on Sunday? 

Anyone have a good explanation?

• Re: SolidWorks World 2017 - registration for non user guests.
          Jeff Holliday

The attached jpg refers to getting a free pass for the expo and general sessions. I have gotten this for my wife for the past 2 years. It also has allowed her into the Sunday Welcome event. Maybe that is changing this year?

Good catch Richard.  That a bummer. I just assumed that the Sunday evening reception would be included as in past years.

Specifics are very scanty in SW website registration. I got the $150 ticket: "Complimentary Expo Only Pass and Special Events".

Shon Owl

There is except an explanation one more moment - namely common sense. What will it give you?

Richard Cook

Just an update.

Registration is still broken.

What's up Solid Works?

Kevin Bouwman

This will be my 8th SWW.  I have always been able to register my wife as a guest at no additional cost.  This has given her access to the exhibit hall, including the Sunday night Welcome Reception, and all general sessions.  I have also always paid $150 for her to attend the Special Event on Tuesday night.  We have not always felt like that was money well spent.  Some years the Special Event has been quite fun and some years it was terrible.  She is not a SW user but she is every bit as much a nerd as I so she enjoys coming along.  We have made friends with a few other couples and the wives often plan events together during the day.  They are always open to inviting others along.  The last time we were in San Diego they went whale watching on Monday afternoon for example.

SolidWorks registration website has almost always been terrible and sometimes worse than terrible.  The same can be said of the phone app when there is one.  You would think a design company could do better.  All in all it has always been a great week for the two of us together.

If you can't figure things out email or call for help.  That has always gotten me results.

Have fun and maybe we will see you there!

Richard Cook

Thanks Kevin,

Yes this SWW is about 10 for me.  Thought I would take my wife for here first time this year.

I didn't have a coupon so had to pay for the Exhibit Hall Only registration $250, which I think is a little steep.

I still do not have this resolved.and still cannot add on the special event.

This is verbose from the registration site...

--------

Adding Special Event to Exhibit Hall Only/One Day Pass   $150

--------

Exhibit Hall Only:

Price includes admittance into the general session and exhibit hall ONLY. This does NOT include access to breakout sessions, hands-on sessions, meal functions, or the special event. There is a charge of $150(USD)/person to attend the special event. If you would like to add the Special Event to your pass, you are able to add it to your registration when you choose your registration package.

-------

That option to add the special event never showed up. The people at registration say they can't do it.  They say the have e-mailed SolidWorks about this.

-- Here is what I revived from registration today:

Hello Richard,

They are still working on it. I apologize for the long wait time. We have not heard back on it yet. I will let you know when they get back to us. 

Have a great day!

Thank you,

Carlie Barnes

Customer Service Representative

--------------

I am so angry with SolidWorks. 

Over a month now to try and get this resolved.

They haven't heard back from SolidWorks yet?  Really?

Is anyone from SolidWorks brave enough to post a reply, or actually cares?

Kevin Bouwman

Richard,

Just to clarify; I have never had any kind of coupon or voucher for my wife.  I have always been able to register her as my guest at no charge without any kind of coupon; that includes my 2017 registration.  I have never heard of anyone having to pay to get their spouse into the exhibit hall or general sessions.  I would be asking to have the $250 you have paid applied to the special event and I would be asking for the remaining $100 back.

Christian Chu

The last best special event is the one in Orlando, FL 2013

the last 3 are not very good

Richard Cook

Problem solved.. Got an email, registration completed.

Over 30 days to resolve.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Rant over.

Richard