7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2016 6:19 AM by Deepak Gupta

DriveWorksXpress decimals separator dissapears

K. V.

hello,

If i use decimals in my dimensions rules, it (instead of reading it as a decimal) multiply's by a certain amount. For example, if i want to say that formula Y = X-2.3 and X= 3.3, the anwer will be somewhere around 591489789714. Is this a known bug or did i do something wrong?

• Re: DriveWorksXpress decimals multiply your dimension
            K. V.

found out it most likely is that it deletes the comma. When u look at the given solution driveworks gives you, it says it should be 81,5. But when i create my driveworks creation, it turns it into 815.

Tryed to change my settings of the PC itself, but didn't work. Also have tried if it was because of the "Systen seperation for dimension", but no. still gives me the same number.

Does anybody have a clue what this could be? Because my whole DriveWorks setup is all gone if this keeps on happening.

With regards,
            Kevin

K. V.

well, i've tried my best and just gave it the finger. Instead of going the easy and logical way i am going to use IF and AND functions to make it all work.

=IF( AND( bobbelsopbaandeel ="False"  ,Bekledingaangedrevenrol ="Geen bekleding"  )  , "81.5" ,  IF( AND( bobbelsopbaandeel ="false"  , Bekledingaangedrevenrol = "laminop bekleed" )  , "79.5" , IF( AND( bobbelsopbaandeel ="false"  , Bekledingaangedrevenrol ="vulkanisering")  , "77.5" ,IF( AND( bobbelsopbaandeel ="true"  ,Bekledingaangedrevenrol ="Geen bekleding"  )  , "83.5" , IF( AND( bobbelsopbaandeel ="true"  , Bekledingaangedrevenrol ="Laminop bekleed" )  , "81.5" , IF( AND( bobbelsopbaandeel ="true"  ,  Bekledingaangedrevenrol ="vulkanisering")  , "79.5" , "80" ) ) ) ) ))

Just one of the formula i'm going to need.

If someone comes up with a better idea, please tell me, but i'm quite done with decimals in driveworks haha

K. V.

Big thanks to the great helpdesk at DriveWorks! We have had a few messages about the problem it worked out to a possible work around. The "Bug" is send to SW itself by DW and hopefully it will be fixed in future updates.
              I don't know if i am 1 of the few people having this problem, but for the people that come across this post and are in search for a possible answer:

You will need to use a function called STRING(). This converts your rule into a string (between “”) instead of a number. This causes the rule to result in a number with a “.” instead of a “,”. An example of a rule would be:

STRING ( (Length + 0.45)*2.3 )

Normally this rule would result in a value with a “,” decimal separator, however because of the STRING() function, the result of the rule with have a “.” separator instead.

Another possible solution (that, in this case, did not work for me) is to go to:

Tools -> options -> System options -> General -> "Use system separator for dimensions"
              Turn this off and make it a point instead of a comma.

For now, this is the way (for me) to use decimals in the Xpress function and it works great (Can use mathematic rules now)

Kind regards,
              Kevin